insomniac

Leo couldn't sleep. There was so much on his mind and his insomnia has kicked in. He couldn't sleep without a nightlight after the kraang incident so he was forced to get up to turn the light on before he went into a panic attack.

What were his brothers thinking? What were they up to? Are they ok? What if this is a trap and they try to kill him eventually?

The last one seemed unlikely, it was the paranoia kicking in from his tiredness and lack of sleep. He didn't like sleeping in new places. It wasn't usual. He's always been underground and sleeping on an old crappy mattress, it felt weird sleeping on a proper bed.

He didn't wanna wake up or bother anyone. Especially not people he just met. There was nothing for support or anything that reminded him of home so his best option was to hug his mask tightly and think of the family memories since there was nothing else to do.

Usagi just got out of the bathroom from his shower and was walking back to his room before he saw the light on in the guest room where Leo was at. The rabbit's curiosity got the best of him when he knocked on the room's door, essentially startling Leo from his thoughts. "Come in" Usagi heard the turtle speak, giving him a go to open the door.

"Hey Leo, are you alright?"

Leo made eye contact and looked away before huffing slightly at the fact he has to cool his ego if he wanted to sleep. "I Honestly don't know."

Fuck it, who needs sleep.

"I mean yeah I'm good! I just have insomnia, nothin a handsome turtle like me can't handle!" The turtle laughed lightly at this, giving the air a welcoming presence.

Usagi smiled at the joke, though he didn't know if he could really disagree. "Oh I do to! I think I get it from my mom's side honestly. But if you want you can join me for tea in the kitchen! Warm tea always helps me, maybe it'll work on you to." The rabbit motioned for the turtle to follow him. Leo didn't know what to think, but as fucked up as it sounds he was comforted at the fact that there was another insomniac.

Leo got up and placed his mask down neatly on the bed, making his way to follow Usagi. As they walked down the hallway Leo got a scent of Usagi's freshly showered aroma that seemed to consist of raspberry's and cherry's, essentially some buttercream mixed in, giving it a sweet scent. It was nice, it kind of reminded him of Mikeys baking.

The two insomniacs finally reached the kitchen when the rabbit motioned for Leo to sit at the table. Usagi stood over by a cabinet, opening it and reaching for a silver colored teapot before pulling it out. Leo watched as the bunny filled it with water and placed it on the stove before opening the cabinet once more to pull out tea bags and two cups.

Usagi came over to the table and placed a cup and a teabag on each side. Sitting down across from the turtle after the task. 

"Hey, you said you take after your ancestor, 'Miyamoto Usagi' right? So what's with that?" Usagi made eye contact with the questionnaire, his pupils visibly dilated at the question as if the turtle just opened a door nobody has truly cared to open before.

"Great question my friend!" the rabbit took a deep breath in as he starts his next sentence. 

"So, Miyamoto Usagi is one of the best warriors like.. Ever! Basically he was lord whatever-his-name-is' bodyguard! Then one day they went into war, but one of their trusted generals turned on them and it basically made them lose almost every chance they had at winning.. He was one of the last soldiers standing, so he had to bury his master.. Pretty sucky honestly.        But then he decided to become a lone Ronin! He traveled around Neo Edo protecting Edo-sins, hence the name "Usagi Yojimbo/Miyamoto Yojimbo. It means bodyguard/Protector in Japanese!"

Yuichi stopped as he realized he was rambling, worried he was boring the slider. His worries were executed as soon as he looked at Leo, who seemed visibly interested and had his full attention on the rabbit with what seemed like a genuine curiosity. That did something to Usagi. He didn't know what it was but he felt as if his gut was doing summersaults and his face felt as if it was rising in heat.

The rabbit internally shook his head and went to continue before the loud sound of a kettle filled the air like a whistle, startling them both and catching them off guard.

Yuichi had an apologetic look and got up running to the kettle before it woke anybody up. He did that once or twice, it wasn't fun. Being scolded like a child is definitely not his thing.

He took the kettle off the stove and turned it off. Making his way back to the table he grabbed Leos mug and poured the boiling liquid into it before he did the same with his.

The rabbit walked back to to stove and placed the kettle back onto it while the slider put his teabag in and watched as the water turned colors. Usagi did the same when he came back to the table, continuing on about his ancestor and summed up about how he slayed a yokai pretending to be the emperor and everyone thought Usagi was a traitor.

"Your ancestor sounds awesome!! His life seemed really sad though, burying his master and then roaming the lands protecting people alone? on top of that, people thinking your a traitor after protecting everyone sounds absolutely devastating. Thats so cool how you proved his innocence though! you had faith when nobody else did." Leo commented, catching Usagi off guard. 

Nobody really seemed interested in his life. Every time he wanted to ramble about his ancestor he was always interrupted or people just "listened". Nobody has ever actually made a comment other than "That's cool!" or "Yeah that's crazy" about his ramble. 

He felt as if the world was caving in, he felt weak and his body was tingly. Maybe it was a dopamine hit, that's all. He was just happy someone actually remotely cared.

"I- Uh- Thank you! Ah-" Usagi smiled and let out a sigh that sounded like he had to reboot his brain. He had no words. He didn't know where this stutter came from and it felt like every vocab word in his puny little brain just vanished.

Leo yawned and put down his mug that consisted of tea and honey.

"Wow, I feel like exhaustion just hit me like a brick. Thank you so much Usagi!"

The rabbit yawned as well like a chain reaction. He took one last gulp of the honey flavored tea and set the mug down also. "Now that you mention it, your right. I feel like I could sleep like a baby." The two laughed lightly as Usagi got up and took the mugs to the sink and threw the teabags away.

"I'm gonna go ahead and head to my room, the tea was really nice so thank you again Chi!"

"Chi?" The blue bunny turned around to face the turtle, caught off guard.

"Do you not like it? It was a nickname I just came up with on the spot, I can stick to Usagi if you want." The red eared slider smiled slightly, waiting for a response.

"No it's great! I love it! I mean- It's great, Never really had a nickname from someone other than my aunt, that's all!" Usagi chuckled, accepting the nickname the mutant gave to him.

"Well that changes today hermano! Night!" Leo turned back around, making his way back to the room he was staying in.

"Night!" The bunny turned back around to finish washing the two mugs while he couldn't help but smile cheekily.

"Chi."

-------------------------------

I'm so sick rn, I feel like my body is being crushed T--T. Also if yall have any ideas for this story pls let me know lmao-

To the 3 ppl who said they liked this story, Ilysm. U know who u are <3