Chapter 20

Sophia and I both signed contracts through 2025, so that's 3 more seasons for us. 

Bella got traded, and I slotted into the starting keeper spot. As happy as I was about that, I knew I would miss her like crazy. 

Sam signed the same contract that Sophia and I did, and Morgan signed one less year. Olivia is pretty much stuck here, which is fine with all of us. 

Everything ended up working out for me. 

"All you'll ever be is a backup goalie." My mom once said. She told me I was useless and so stupid that I could never be much more than a customer service rep or a 'bonehead unsafe personal trainer.' 

Here I am now, starting for a championship winning team, and up for USWNT consideration. 

I proved my mom wrong, and so many other people who had always said I was 'too short' to play professional soccer. 

Kelsey was at the game too, and she was crying when she came onto the field to squeeze the shit out of me. 

"You made it." She whispered. 

"WE made it." I said, squeezing her back. 

Then I went back home to Philly after our party in Portland to throw the first pitch at game 7 of the World Series, which was Phillies vs Astros. They had made it all the way to game 7, so it was a pretty big deal. 

Sophia came with me of course. Kelsey and Sam joined us as well.

Cat was out of the bag for Sophia and I, which was fine. 

The picture of us kissing after the game had went viral and left a lot of people wondering, but it's not their business. 

People probably had no idea who I was, but that's fine. They'd know eventually. 

Especially because I threw a really good first pitch that actually made it across the plate and was a strike. It was only 60 mph, but it doesn't matter. 

I got a big cheer, but it wasn't as big as the ones we got at the championship game. 

Nothing would compare to that feeling. 

Now I just settle in with Sophia in Portland and work my butt off to prove everyone wrong. 

----------

Hope you all enjoyed this one! I had a fun time writing it. It's not my absolute favorite, but I'm proud of it. In the next few days (once I figure out a title) I'll start releasing chapters of another story I have, so stay tuned for that! Hope you all enjoyed this story and be on the lookout for more! 

(Also I don't know if anyone wanted the NWSL draft, but it was literally crazy, the Spirit just kept throwing $$$ at everybody for their picks and I thought it was so funny. I like this draft class we we'll see how this next season goes!)