07

Roop looked at her reflection in the mirror before taking a seat on the reclining sofa with her laptop in her lap, not to look as if she was waiting for him.

Skimming over some posts, she found her job extremely boring at the moment. After completing a Master of Arts in English, she was offered a job as an editor at a big company, the biggest opportunity being able to work from home as her parents refused to let her work.

She loved her work but sometimes it just became a little too boring, just like now, nothing compared to her curiosity for what was going to happen later, not even her work.

There was a slight knock on the door before she saw Amrit entering the room with a bottle of what seemed like water in his hand, and his phone in the other. A gloomy look on his face as his thumb quickly typed something.

Roop kept looking at him as he took a seat on the bed before picking up his laptop from the nightstand, completely forgetting he asked her to wait for him.

Maybe he's busy at the moment...

Thinking that she looked back into her laptop, her fingers tapping on the keys a little harder than necessary but they were overpowered by Amrit's furious typing on the keyboard.

A few minutes turned into forty and Roop was losing patience, his whole focus was on his phone and the laptop as if he asked them to wait for him and not her, shutting her laptop off, she left the room all while stomping her feet.

It was the first time he asked her to maybe talk and now he was acting like she wasn't even there.

"Bhullakad kahinke, phone ke aage to kuch yaad hi nahi rehta." She was muttering to herself when she bumped into Ritika, her mother-in-law, "I'm so sorry." She quickly apologized, looking down in embarrassment as she wondered if she heard her or not.
(Forgetful man, can't remember anything in front of the phone)

"Are you okay? Muh kyun fula rakha tha?" Ritika asked her, placing her hand over Roop's cheek.
(Why is your mouth puffed up?)

"Fula hi hua hai." She muttered to herself, making sure it was inaudible to Ritika, "I'm okay, just needed water." She shrugged, proud of herself for thinking of a good excuse so quickly. (It is puffed up only)

"I gave Amrit a bottle of lemonade for you, he didn't give you?" She frowned.

"Nahi toh, saara pii gaye honge." Roop answered, feeling giddy inside in anticipation of the scolding Amrit would be going to get. That's what he gets for ignoring her. (No, I think he drank it all)

"Ye ladka." She saw her mother-in-law shaking her head, "I'll make some for you again, go back to your room." She said, turning towards the kitchen.

"Nahi it's okay, I just want some water abhi." Roop assured her, "You go take some rest." She said, leaving her there and entering the kitchen.

She cussed him out in her mind as she poured herself a glass of water, lemonade was her favorite drink and to think that he probably had it all to himself didn't settle well with her. And his behavior didn't make it any better.

Amrit on the other hand, closed his laptop, finally done with the issue his assistant informed him about when he was on his way to his room, he made a mental note to talk to Roop as soon as he was finished but didn't notice how long it actually took.

Not finding her in the room anymore, he looked for her from the balcony of their room that connected to the small garden but she wasn't there, his second guess was the kitchen and he wasn't wrong when he saw her drinking water as if it wronged her or something.