32 | 𝚄𝚗𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚎

☘︎ Lʏᴋᴀs Vɪᴛᴀʟʟɪs ☘︎

The Elite team's base represents a normal, modern mansion from its exterior—walls made of brick-design tiles, tinted glass windows and downlights bordering the edges of the ceilings—until you step foot inside.

Because the interior is something out of a NASA center. Digital screen the size of giants occupy the walls, camera footages spying over the board members of Vitallis Group and the thousands of people on my father's radar. The four lead members of the elite group are sequestered within a glass cabinet, seated around a cicular conference table, probably working on what I asked them to on the phone call here.

But crowded along with them in the cabinet isn't just my father. Samuel and Moon accompany David Vitallis. Samuel's expression is haunted, while Moon fidgets, consistently tucking non-existent strands of hair behind her ears in a somewhat crazed way.

My footsteps come to a halt as I approach them, my brows furrowing when I see Jennifer's head of security Nathaniel is also standing behind them, his face pale. Romeo siddles next to me, fixing his glove with a tilt of his head, ever so accessing. I know without them even speaking a word that something is very, very wrong.

"What is it?" I ask, not beating around the bush before turning to Nathaniel, a sense of something ominous engulfing me, "Why are you here? Shouldn't you be in the guest house?"

To my absolute surprise and horror, the mid-twenties man starts crying, speaking in absolute hysterics, "I didn't help the miss intentionally, I swear! I just. . . needed the money! I'm sorry! I became greedy! I shouldn't have done it! But you have to save my daughter and my wife, you have to let the other crazy woman know I told you everything! She threatened to kill them if I don't confess to all of you about what I did! I went to Mr Davidson first, he bought me here next! I'm doing my part as told!"

Beside me, Romeo flicks a non-existent flint from the lapels of his black coat, his dark eyes bored, "I would like to let you know, you make no sense."

My best friend's cold tone only makes Nathaniel paler, "She's a fucking dangerous psychopath. Miss Jennifer doesn't know who she has for an assistant is. . ." His words waver as if he's afraid of speaking them.

Samuel shakes his head in dissapointment, "Just tell them about the truth, Nathaniel. Not about the woman who threatened you to tell us this."

Nathaniel looks to me, "I put loops into the camera footages and lied to Miss Jennifer that I hadn't noticed anyone stalking her the past few days. Someone paid me for it and. . ."

The blood in my veins run cold, "Who? Viviane?"

Nathaniel shakes his head, those eyes turning frightened again, "Miss Viviane. . .she realized I was turning a blind eye to the clown's escapes after the incident at the club. She kidnapped my wife and daughter, threatened me-"

"Who paid you?!" I'm right at the bodyguard's face without realizing, gripping his collar. I hate being this version of myself but knowing someone is out there, trying to hurt Jenna. . .

"Miss Mia."

A fist wraps around my heart, squeezing the organ pounding underneath the ribs with such force I can't breathe. I remain frozen on the spot as realization sinks at the kind of mistake I'd done by making the very person who's a threat to Jenna, stay with her. If something happens to Jenna. . .

Without thinking twice, I'm turning around, panic settling in my gut, "I need to go." I have no idea who I'm even telling the words to, I just know I want to get out of here and back to Jennifer's house as fast as I can.