1

Aaeriel
- 9 months later

" My grandbaby look at you, you look amazing  " My grandma smiled as I sat in the passenger seat.

" girl you don' got skinny , what did you do ? " She asked.

" When you're in a calorie deficit and you work out for 9 months straight you slim down " I laughed buckling my seat belt.

" So, what did you do for 9 months? "  She asked pulling out of the parking lot.

" What can I possibly do in juvie? " I asked putting my hair into a bun This was my first day out.

" I gained a little bit of wisdom and learned a lot more about myself and I also tried to better myself, I had too much going on before I got locked up honestly " I explained.

" Glad you matured, how did it go with the therapist?" Mom asked over the phone.

" Ehhh it was decent all he did was ask me about the case and juvenile for the 1000th time " I rolled my eyes.

" I'm tired of being asked about it " I added.

" You just got out Aaeriel make smart choices down there don't you be like me " My mom told me.

" How long do I have to stay with them? " I sighed.

" Just until I come home baby, I promise I'll be home soon " She spoke.

" Why can't I stay in Chicago for a little? Why do I have to leave now? I just got out " I said.

" Riri the last thing we need to do is bend the judges' rules right now, you'll be fine just stay down there and be in your own little world you can come back to Chicago for the breaks, just get through the school year " My grandma told me.

---------

" I love you call me as soon as you land " My grandma hugged and kissed me on the cheek.

" Go ahead " she slightly pushed me I hesitated.

" Granny I don't want to go I don't know them yall know how much them people hate me " I told her.

" We know Riri but it's out of our control, Go Riri you'll be fine your daddy shouldn't let nothing happen to you " she said putting her hand on my shoulder.

" I love you so much Ri, you be good over there make smart choices stay out of the way and I promise this time will fly by " She hugged me.

" I love you too granny " I hugged back and walked away

" If only the system wasn't so fucked up " I wiped my tears walking to the gate.

----------------------------------------------

" I'll call you when I get to their house, he just pulled up .... love you too bye " I told my granny hanging up.

" Hey, my baby " My dad spoke as I walked over with my luggage, he reached out for a hug, but I brushed him off.

" Hi " I fake smiled as he grabbed my bags and loaded them into the trunk.

I hopped into the passenger seat and looked around the car only he came.

" Alright looks like were ready to go " He spoke getting into the car and starting it, I sat there silent.

" I'm sorry your mama went to jail I know she didn't do that shit " he said pulling off from the airport I didn't say anything I just looked out the window.