55

A Week Later

Today's works no different from your other work days. You check up on patients, report to the doctors and so on. Sweat trickles down your forehead but you quickly swipe it away. The top floor of the building's quiet like always. If you were to drop a pin, you'd defiantly hear it.

Right now, you're assigned to cater to one of the VIP patients.

You put your professional smile on and clutch the clipboard close to your chest before pushing through the door.

"Good morning sir. My name is Kim Y/n and I will be assis-" You go quiet when you realize who your patient is. Standing with their arms crossed behind their back, he politely smiles upon your entrance.

"Taehyung." You utter almost tiredly. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here for my check-up." He says it like it's the most obvious thing. And here you thought you'd start out your morning normally. Today he's clad in a simple white shirt with black jeans for his lower body. His hair's tousled and messy, like he's run his fingers across them countless times. The man drags his eyes over your whole figure as you now focus on the clip board in your hand.

That explains why the name's empty.

"Please have a sit then." You motion him towards the bed. Regardless of his real motives, he still paid for the VIP room. After filling in the name of patient on the blank paper, you take a step towards the door to grab the needed supplies. "I'll be back in a minute."

"Wait." Before you can leave, he stands and takes hold of your arm, preventing you from taking another step forward. When you turn to him, he still doesn't let go. Instead, he takes another step closer, towering over you. "Aren't you gonna ask where I've been?"

His tone's low and steady. But a lingering frustration lies underneath. You gently pull your arm away and take a cautious step back, allowing a considerable distance between the both of you. "I'm assuming you went back to your place?"

"Aren't you gonna ask why?"

"Not really." You shake your head. "No." You watch as his facial muscle shift to a look of disappointment. He pokes the inside of his cheek and you take that as an initiative to take your leave. "Um. Excuse me for a while."

Exactly ten minutes later, you return with the items needed to start his check-up. Taehyung's on the bed this time, settled with his gaze stuck on the tv screen. He barely spares you a glance when you come in. Placing the tray on the side, you get closer to the patient, grabbing a tourniquet in the process. Silence takes over the room with the show as an exemption.

Every now and then, cheers echo when a player scores for their team.

You secure the tourniquet around his arm and tie it before reaching for a syringe. "Please relax your muscles."

Since he's been silent this whole time, you expected the procedure to go with ease. But no. His arm remains tense and you can tell he's doing it on purpose.

When you raise your head, he's already looking at you. Your fingers work to take the tourniquet off since it not advisable to have it on a patient for more than a minute. Then you slowly back away.

"Aren't you a nurse?"

"What?"

"You're a nurse aren't you? Shouldn't you know how to do the basics?" Is he really mocking you right now? You narrow your eyes in disbelief. "Excuse me?"

He raises an eyebrow, nudging his chin. "Well what are you waiting for? Go grab another syringe. I don't want you using that again. It's already been exposed." He's referring to the already uncapped needle. The change of attitude is shocking, you admit. Unable to answer back since this is work, you bite your tongue and leave the room to retrieve another syringe as ordered and come back with five more. Just in case he decides to pull this prank again.

Repeating the procedure once again, you feel for his most prominent vein and secure a tourniquet around his arm. Despite his breath fanning over you, you choose to keep your focus on getting the job done. "Please relax your arm. I can't do this properly if you keep flexing."

Just because you're saying it in a gentle manner doesn't mean you're not annoyed by what's happening. Because you are.

There are a lot of people out there that really needs help and he's just here to waste your time.

"Im not flexing. My arms naturally this way." And just to prove you right, he flexes his muscle intentionally causing you to grind your jaw in irritation.

Taehyung slightly smirks. "Why aren't you doing anything?"

A hospital isn't the same as a restaurant. You're not here to entertain him just because he's bored.

"I won't." You release the tourniquet and casually take a step back. "The new nurse will."

From a smug look, his expression shifts to one of shock when you start leaving the room.

"Y/n, wait."

Nope.

He quickly gets up and shuts the door just as you're halfway from opening it and then drags you back.

"What now?" Unable to hold it anymore, frustration contours your features as you let out a little whine.

"Start again. I'll stop." He says. And then all of a sudden he's taking the initiative to draw his own blood causing you to widen your eyes.

Without the tourniquet, he uncaps the syringe, collects the blood from his arm and then pushes the red substance into a mini container.

His arm'a bleeding though.

You shut your mouth that's been gaping like a fish out of water. "I'm not sure if I should be amazed or call you an idiot. Never. And I mean never do that again."

You place a bandaid on his arm.

"Im sorry."

"For what?"

"For what I said earlier. I didn't mean it." He drags his fingers across his hair. "I guess I was just-"

"Mad?"

"That and frustrated I guess." He admits. "I missed you. And maybe a part of me was hoping you missed me too."