Alone

Today was the day his family left to visit his grandmother.
Arthur just nodded as his mother talked to him as though he were stupid enough to burn the house down.
It was a Friday so he began to get ready for school a bit after they left. They left at 5:00 and it was now 5:30. He made his way to the living room while wearing nothing but a large T-shirt and his boxers. It may have been cold but he liked it like this. He didn’t even have that many sleepwear. He got most of his clothing from his grandmother, who would send several new outfits on his birthday and a few randomly throughout the year. No one knew that he often slept in only two articles of clothing as he would get changed before he left his room and he would never go to school with his family.
He was completely alone in the house for two weeks so walking around in such clothing was mundane compared to the things he could do. Like, frame his older siblings for murder or get Peter the most expensive things money could buy under his parents name. The possibilities were endless.
Arthur turned on the TV and set it to the news before he made his way to the kitchen. He put the kettle on the stove before he heard it.
“Currently, there has been a proposal for the possible repurpose and relocation of those who are enhanced. The people have been in an uproar over the new bill that is being considered.”
Holy Fuck.
Arthur just stared blankly as heard a bunch of bullshit about the enhanced.
They were actually considering this shit?
He shook his head and went to the kettle that had started to whistle.
While he was making his tea, he thought about things. He felt so . . . . Helpless. He was once this great and influential figure but that all disappeared. He helped people and he got results but now he couldn’t do much. What would they say if he came back after abandoning them?
What would Allison say?
He hasn’t seen her since the incident and he doubts she even wants to see him. It’s been almost two years since he left and he’s going to be fourteen soon. What would he even do? Sure, he was successful in unionizing the workers and improving their conditions. His work had led to others unionizing and him being asked to help in other areas. He did all that but then he just abandoned it.
He sighed.
He set about to make breakfast. He wasn’t a terrible cook but he had no time to improve beyond the basics. He finished eating quickly and, after an hour, he was out the door.
The walk didn’t take long and soon he found himself standing outside the school gates with an hour and a  . He was excited for his first day free from his usual duties.
He took a leisurely stroll throughout the school. Why? Because he could. The school was quiet around this time and he liked it.
* * * *
The day went by quietly and so did the rest of the week.
At least it was quiet for Arthur.
The whole of the country was protesting because of the new bill that was being considered. The younger generations were getting tired of the old laws and beliefs while the older generations were fighting tooth and nail to keep things the way they were. And the enhanced? Young and old, they couldn't do much without the risk of escalating the situation.
Peaceful protesting? Get out the dogs. It’s not like they're going to get hurt or anything.
Riot? Oh no! The mindless enhanced are getting violent and we must protect the safety of the country!
See what I mean?
The most they could do was quietly rally around certain politicians who were looking to vote against the bill.
The school was under constant lock down from the multitude of threats. Everyone was tense and every morning announcement featured an update on the situation from the news.
Arthur didn’t think it was his place to say anything but he felt despair at the situation and those who had to go through it. Except for Francis. He felt nothing for Francis.
Currently, Arthur and Ivan are in P.E. They were doing simple exercises that were centered around defense. Kids around were just chatting while they went through the motions.
Arthur and Ivan were stuck listening to their chatter. Especially Francis’ chatter. Arthur growled when he heard his comment towards Ivan.
“Does he even need to defend with such a large body?”
There were a few chuckles from the other students. Honestly, Arthur knew very well that Francis only said these things in moderation and they were usually aimed at Arthur. Why was he going after Ivan? Yes, he was friends with Jones but he never actually participated in most of the stuff Alfred did. He was simply there.
“Bonnefoy, I would suggest focusing on yourself, what with your poor grades in P.E.”
Just because he was on break doesn’t mean he lost his authority.
“Look, it’s the scrawny Mr. Salaryman who has abandoned his work to others.”
The chatter got louder.
Arthur flinched before realizing that he was talking about his work for the student council.
“What? Too stupid to figure out the work yourself without me there to hold your hand like the little baby you are?” Ivan chuckled at that.
“Well, you could be there but we don’t have to stop at holding hands.” There was a suggestive leer as he said that.
Was he flirting with him right now?
Oh, God. Ew.
He shivered at the thought.
Arthur just stared blankly at his little smirk.
“Holy Fuck, you’re a horny dumbass.”
The chatter just stopped the moment he said that.
"HA!"
Ivan just bent over as he lost all composure and laughed for a fat minute.
Everyone else was just in shock, even the teacher was silenced by his outburst.
Ring!
The bell rang, signaling the end of the day. Arthur got Ivan, who was still laughing, and hightailed it to the locker room where they quickly changed into their regular clothes.