~~Chapter Seven: Phone calls and revelations~~

Sorry this took so long! I doubt anyone is even reading this on Wattpad anyways haha but yeah
Word Count: 3759

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Robin watches as Steve paces in front of her, starting to go over everything she's said in the past couple minutes of frantic rambling.

Steve starts talking slowly. "Okay, so everything was going alright, and none of those other details matter, but then when you were back at her house she recognized your eyes and made you catch a silver necklace?" The time it takes him to talk just makes Robin anxious about the need to act fast.

"Yes, Steve," Robin fiddles with the bottom of her shirt, "and I don't know what to do! What if she knows to come here? What if she goes to the Byers' place and doesn't believe that I said they don't know about me and suspects them too? Shit, Steve, Eddie's there! If she sees him—"

"Hey, hey, it'll be okay, Rob, let's just work this out, okay?" Steve puts his hands on her shoulders, looking at the burn on her neck from the knife. She turns her head, not wanting him to worry about her right now and he must understand as he continues. "How about you call the Byers' place, yeah? Explain everything that happened and while you can do that I can drive there and be ready to pick him up and take him back with no explanation needed. After that we can figure everything out and decide if you two should stay here or if we should find somewhere else for you to go. Is that good?"

Robin nods, letting out a shaky breath. "Y-yeah that's good. I'll make sure Joyce knows that you're coming to get Eddie. Why isn't he here anyways? I thought he'd be here with you?"

Steve laughs, shaking his head slightly. "Uh, it's hard to explain but I freaked out when he suggested staying over and just drove him there instead? Anyways," he continues, ignoring Robin's brief confused look. "I'm gonna go now to make sure we're quicker than Nancy. You call the Byers' as soon as I leave, okay? If Nancy shows up before I'm back, just hide and wait or leave if it's too dangerous to stay."

"Yeah, I'll be careful! Be... be quick!" She responds, watching Steve move to go grab his car keys and go towards the door. Before he can leave, however, she says, "

As soon as Steve is out the door, Robin rushes to the closest phone, stumbling and hitting a corner on her way. Frantically dialing the number, getting it wrong twice before she gets it right, she anxiously waits for someone to pick up. Every second is time that Nancy could be on her way somewhere. Robin only hopes that Mrs. Wheeler has been able to keep Nancy distracted just long enough that they'll have time to sort everything out. Even an extra few moments could mean everything.

The phone rings for a couple seconds that feel more like minutes, before someone picks up with a faint, 'hello?"

"Hey, Joyce! This is really important but, uh, Steve is on the way over right now to pick up Eddie and bring him back here to his."

Robin faintly hears background talking when Joyce responds. "Wait, why? Did something happen? Are you okay?"

Fiddling with the phone cord as she talks, she answers with, "Yeah. Something happened with Nancy. Short story short, she knows I'm a werewolf now!" she dryly chuckles. "Steve said to bring Eddie here for now and we'll either stay here and hide if she comes around and hope Steve can lie well enough, or find somewhere else. My parents are oblivious anyways so should be fine. Will all of you be able to pretend you don't know about me if you're questioned?"

There's a short pause as someone — likely Jonathan from the voice — asks about the call and Joyce relays the information to him and whoever else is there. "Yeah we can do that. Make sure you stay safe, okay? If things go wrong, all of you just come over here and we will figure something out. I'll explain everything to the others more now. Just stay safe!"