13: Regret

Yena was walking back to her home and was currently passing through an alley when suddenly a can was thrown exactly next to her figure and hit the wall behind her.

She flinched and looked in the direction where it came from with a scared expression. She saw Taehyung looking at her with a bruised face, a cut on his lips that was bleeding and his eyes were half closed.

"Taehyung, did you fight?" She asked shakily and he scoffed. "Why do you care? You're leaving me anyway." He said and she frowned in confusion.

"What are you talking about?" She asked and he looked at her while tears streamed down his blank face. "You keep looking at everyone instead of looking at me, Yena." He said sternly and she sighed.

"Why are you saying this, Taehyung?" She asked and he shook his head. "I'm scared that you might leave me. Please don't throw me away, Yena." He said and her eyes softened.

"I'm not throwing you away, Taehyung. Stop assuming things." She said and he glared at her. "Don't talk about boy bands and don't even talk about my friends. What were you doing there with him?" He asked she looked at him in irritation.

"Some work," she replied and he tilted his head to stare at her darkly. "If you have to keep working together then I want you to quit it. I don't like you being associated with him." He said and she glared at him.

"Without your permission, am I not allowed to work or meet friends?" She asked and he frowned. "Are you getting angry at me? Because of him? Do you perhaps like him?" He asked and she scoffed.

"What if I refuse to obey you and go and meet him? Does that mean we won't be able to see each other anymore?" She asked and Taehyung snarled at her. "Yena! Stop saying bullshit! Do you really like him? After everything I did for you? I loved you so sincerely and you're doing this to me?"

Tears streamed down Yena's face and she looked at him in sadness. "Why are we always fighting, Taehyung? Why can't you just believe me when I tell you that I love you?" She said and he looked at her.

"Guys and girls can't be friends. Now you're hanging out with this piece of garbage. How dare you fool me? What does he mean to you?" He asked and she sighed before slowly walking up to him.

Taehyung frowned in confusion when she held his hand and placed the ring for him on it. She looked up at him with her glistening eyes and he looked at her with a questioning gaze.

"I just wanted to make this ring for you. He helped me do that. We are not even friends. I paid him to help me in making this ring. It's for you. I made it myself." She said with a sad smile and Taehyung's eyes widened.

"For me?" He asked and she looked away from him before walking past him but he held her wrist. She hissed in pain and looked at him emotionlessly.

"I-I'm sorry, honey. I won't do that again. I promise you. I won't get mad at you." He said and tried to hug her but she pushed him harshly and slapped him on his face.

His face turned to the side but he didn't look back at her. He fisted his hand and Yena glared at him. "Stop controlling me! You keep saying sorry. When will you actually be sorry?" She screamed at him but he remained silent.

She turned to walk out of the alley and back to her home. Taehyung looked at the ring in his hand and wiped the blood from his lips.

He stared at the way Yena just went and smirked evilly. "Your weakness is people with wounds. I know how to get you back, honey."

----------------

Yena's mother placed the bowl on the table and looked at her in concern. "So both of you broke up?" She asked softly but Yena just shrugged.

"I'm just done with him. I don't know if we broke up or not." She said her mother nodded."I'm hungry. Can't I have some rice just for today, Mom?"

Her mother sighed and shook her head. "You'll get fat, Yena. Don't argue." She said and Yena nodded. "Yena, you're legal now and you can inherit your dad's home and insurance money now. When are you doing that?"

"I'll do that slowly, Mom. It's just been a few weeks since I turned 20. Why do you keep asking me that every day?" Yena asked and her mother stiffened.

"I just want to help you in doing that. I want the best for you." Her mother said and she nodded. "I know, mom. I'll ask Taehyung to help-"

"No, Yena. I told you not to take help from him about this matter! He always helps you with everything. Do something by yourself." Her mother interrupted her and she frowned. "Alright, I'll do it alone. Don't worry." Yena said and started having the soup.

Her mother moved back and walked into the kitchen but after a few minutes, she returned to Yena and said something which made her shocked.

"Yena, Taehyung is standing in front of our home under the heavy rain. What happened between both of you?"