70• His Possessiveness

Reyna shouted, taking off Cole's helmet

Reyna shouted, taking off Cole's helmet. "Why did you-" Her eyes dilated in horror and she stumbled as she saw Cole's face; it was all wounded. He stared at her with a guilty expression on his face; he felt terrible about lying to his kiddo, but he had no choice.

"How..." As she saw her lover's deep wounds, lumps formed in her throat and fresh tears trickled down her cheeks mechanically. Her heart was breaking seeing him in this state because she couldn't bear her love in pain.

"Kiddo, I'm fine." He placed his hands on her face and gently rubbed off her tears with his thumbs, and as she closed her eyes, fresh tears trickled down her cheeks. Her tears were his greatest weakness.

"How did this happen, Cole?" She hiccuped and continued, sobbing. "And why didn't you tell me?"

She was feeling unbearable pain in her chest, seeing him in pain. His wounds were hurting her more than him.

"This was the only reason I lied to you." He told her, taking a drop of her tear on his index finger. "I knew that you would fill the buckets with your tears after seeing me like that. That's why Ethan and I devised a plan to hide this from you. He told me how much you cried when he met with an accident a few years ago."

"But how did this happen, Cole?" She cried, staring at his wounds with immense pain in her eyes, as if the wounds were on her face, not his. Whenever he used to witness her immense love for him, he always wondered how he had got so lucky that God blessed him with an Angel.

"I'll tell you everything. First just please stop crying, Kiddo. You know when you cry, my heart cries with you." He pleaded, wiping her tears.

She sniffed and wiped her nose. "How can I stop crying after seeing this? It must be hurting you so much." She gently stroked one of the wounds on his cheek, gazing at him concernedly.

"Seeing you in tears hurts me more than these wounds," he admitted, caressing her cheeks before gently wiping away her tears.

"I'm truly sorry. I just cannot see you in pain." She uttered, gazing at him with teary eyes as she moved closer to his face and placed her rose-petal-like lips on the wound on his cheeks. He closed his eyes and smiled contentedly as he felt her soft lips on his skin, but he moved away from her as her tears fell on his cheeks.

"Love, I'll be fine. Please just don't hurt me more by crying. For my sake, please just stop crying or else you'll fall ill." He begged her, holding her hand.

She meekly nodded at him. "Okay, I'll try not to cry for you." She agreed, wiping off her tears with the long sleeves of her top, and he sighed with relief. She could do anything for him.

"That's like my good girl." He slightly pulled her cheek, smiling at her.

"Anyway, where were you going in this condition?" She asked, frowning.