Chapter 17: Let's Restart

-Aiko-

July 24th,2020

Everything was a blur. I didn't know what occurred in the last few hours. I looked beside me and saw Ayato peacefully sleeping with his arm wrapped around my waist. I sat up and felt bile rise in my throat. I quickly but slowly remove his arms and ran to the bathroom.

Once I emptied the green contents from my stomach, I started heaving. Nothing was coming out but it felt like it. My head was spinning and my eyes clouded up. I heard faint footsteps and when I looked at the door way, Ayato was standing there.

He walked over to me, kneeling down and shoved something into my mouth that I never ever wanted to eat.

Flesh.

I tried to spit it out but it was too delicious. The blood was savored in my mouth. Ayato's eyes showed sadness and a tiny speck of hope while mine showed pain, regret, and misery. I didn't want this to happen but now I was craving for more. He took a bag of flesh from behind him and handed it to me. I quickly grabbed it, opening it and shoving the contents in my mouth.

I dropped the now empty bag, tears cascading my face. Ayato reached out to touch me but I tensed up. He frowned and began walking towards me but I had already ran past him, running out the door. My kagune had unleashed and I was leaping from roof to roof.

I stopped in an alleyway and sank to the ground, hugging myself. It was cold outside but I didn't mind. Thoughts ran through my head but I was brought out from it when I heard footsteps. I looked up and saw Ayato.

"Aiko...please forgive me. I had to or you would've died. I'm sorry...but Eto's shots weren't working anymore" I stared at him in disbelief.

"Sorry isn't going to cut it. You knew I didn't want to even eat it but you made me. I'd rather die then do that. Just killing innocent lives...I won't do that...just leave me and go back." His eyes became glassy but he didn't respond as he walked away, leaving me in the darkness.

It felt like hours had past and the night had come. I was shivering and could barely get up. My eyes wanted to close but I wouldn't let them. I wrapped my kagune around myself and sighed at the warmth as I closed my eyes.

My eyes opened and I noticed it was morning. I slowly stood up and walked aimlessly. I felt weak and didn't noticed that I had bumped into someone.

They felt so warm against my cold body and I didn't let go. I looked up at this person and saw a boy with white hair. He had a eye patch and pretty gray eyes.

He let go of me and looked at me like he know me.

"Um, who are you?" He kept silent like he was lost in thought until I shook him and ask him again.

"Oh, my name is Kaneki. Are you okay?" Before I could answer his question, I grew dizzy and hot with fever. My eyes blurred and before I fainted, I saw worry shine on his eyes.

I woke up once again but I was in a bed. I slowly sat up groaning and rubbing my temples. The door opened and Kaneki came in with a cup of coffee. I grabbed it, thanking him before sipping it. I felt the warm liquid slid down my throat and I shivered.

He sat down on the bed and began speaking."So as you know, I'm Kaneki. We haven't met but I am apart of Aogiri as you are. We haven't met yet and this was how I least expected us to met but whatever. I have been assigned to teach you certain skills to fight in these limited amount of months before we go off on our mission. I hope we get along, Aiko."

By the time he finished, my mouth was gaped open. He was the guy who used to work at Anteiku. I was about to ask him but he had left the room leaving me with his last words 'You have 20 minutes to freshen up and we'll begin immediately.'

I walked to the bathroom and noticed the water was already on. I stripped and entered the warm bath. I washed my face and hair and got out. I combed my hair and put on clothes that I presumed he got from my room.

I walked out the room and saw Kaneki sitting on the chair. He looked at me and I could see a slight blush rise in his cheeks. He coughed and got up, grabbing my hand.

"You ready?" I hesitantly nodded and we stepped outside and I didn't know his definition of "training" was another word for hell.

*A few months later*

By the time we finished, I felt more powerful. I mean I learnt a lot of stuff. I could fight now and I felt more motivated. I haven't seen Ayato since I left but for some reason Kaneki made me feel more comfortable.

We gotten closer to each other and I call him my best friend. I was hanging out with Kaneki when I felt very queasy. I grabbed my stomach and Kaneki rushed over to me.

"You need more flesh." I shook my head but he was gone and came back with a arm. I close my eyes and tears ran down my face. He cupped my face, pain showing in his eyes.

I hesitantly took it and ate it. The flesh tasted kinda sweet and bitter. I grimaced but kept eating. After I was done, I handed him the bone. He threw it away and hugged me. I moved in closer and he held me tighter. I sighed and closed my eyes before hearing the door open and a gasp.

Kaneki let go of me and I turned to the door to see Ayato standing there with wide eyes. He walked in,grabbing my hand, pulling me outside.

He threw me against the wall and I felt a slight pain in my back. Ayato's eyes were flaring and he looked ready to pounce me.I shrinked back and he calmed down.

"Aiko, this is where you've been all this time. I was so worried." I looked away and he sighed.

"Please, Aiko! Can we just start over? I'm sorry for forcing you to do something you never wanted to do..."

I shook my head, not wanting to listen. But I replyed back to him." I'm sorry Ayato but I need time. I'll come back when I'm ready."

He reached out to grab me but I kicked him back. He flew into a wall and I instantly walked away, feeling bad.

-------

-Kaneki-

I watched as Aiko walked back into the room and sat next to me. She looked at me and I just hugged her once again before carrying her to bed. I tucked her in and kissed her forehead. She blushed and I smiled.

She closed her eyes and I stroked her hair gently. I was beginning to like her and I didn't want to lose her to Ayato. I could see the way he look at her.

I would do everything in my power to make Aiko mine.