CHAPTER 23; forever

Start from the beginning

"Arya," Max says looking at you and your heart drops, oh shit this is happening now. "You know I'm shit at speeches and emotions, so bear with me." He says squeezing your hands and you chuckle. It's true, he hates speeches and big displays of affection.

"From the moment our eyes met in that club, I knew you were going to change my life forever. Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined it to be in this way but looking back I wouldn't trade it for anything. Not even our mafia families threatening to kill us." Max says smiling and you laugh a little tears coming to your eyes. "Life's not going to be easy for us, but I want to let you know that you are the only person I want to be with for the rest of my life and I am ready for whatever the world has to throw at us. The good, the bad, the bloodshed and the victories, I want it all with you. So..." Max says getting down onto one knee and pulling a small red velvet box out of the pocket of his blazer. You gasp covering your mouth tears in your eyes as he opens the box revealing a gorgeous emerald cut diamond on a simple gold band.

"Arya Louise Hunt, will you marry me? Today." Max asks and your mouth seems to spit out the words before you can even register his last statement.

"Yes." You say nodding, a big smile spread across your face as Max takes the ring out of the box and places it onto your ring finger. He stand up and you cup his face pulling him in to kiss you as he wraps his arms around your waist holding you close. You stay like that for a minute or so, just holding each other enjoying the moment. You laugh slightly wiping your happy tears away before looking Max in the eye, "so city hall later?"

"Not quite, don't worry it's all planned." Max says and you just smile kissing him again.

You feel something spraying down on you and you look up, no not rain.

"Congratulations Verstappens! About fucking time!" Cass yells spraying a bottle of champagne everywhere.

"Congratulations lovebirds!" Daniel yells whistling. You both just laugh.

"Come on." Max says picking up the blanket from the ground and you grab your coffee cup before heading back up to the main deck. Your jaw nearly drops as you see a large bouquet of roses on the table now along with a bottle of champagne on ice with glasses waiting. A spread of fruits and pastries across the table.

"This is just – " you say speechless setting the coffee cup down on the bar off to the side.

"Amazing? Perfect?" Cass says hugging you.

"Yeah, perfect." You say squeezing her tight. "Thank you."

"Don't thank me yet, day's not over." She says going to hug Max as Daniel pulls you into a hug.

"Congratulations Ari," he whispers.

"Thank – you." You say pulling back from the hug looking at your left-hand smiling. "God, I just can't believe this is real."

"Well believe it, because we're going to be getting the two of you hitched in about 12 hours and there's a lot to do still." Cass says looking at her watch.

"Yes, but first breakfast." Max says guiding you over to the table as the stewardess starts pouring out glasses of champagne.

"So, what exactly is the plan to get us married in 12 hours, and won't our parents kill us?" You ask looking over to Max as you put some fruit and pastries onto your plate.

"They're not going to find out." Max says taking a glass of champagne from the stewardess.

"How?" You ask taking a glass of champagne from the stewardess.

"Cass." Max says tilting his head up to her.

"Thank you," Cass says taking the glass of champagne. "Alright so, first thing is we're going to put you into your wedding dress so the seamstress can make alterations if needed. Then we're going to talk hair and makeup with the hair and makeup people. We're going to get the two of you all dressed up to take engagement photo's so you're parents have something to keep them satisfied. Then lunch, then swimming, some drinking, you know one last hoorah before getting married. We'll get you into your dress, hair, makeup, while the flowers are being set up. We've already got the marriage license and the captain is a minister who can marry you. Daniel and I are here as witnesses. So, by the time the sun sets you can say your I do's and officially be the Verstappens. Then we can party on into the night." Cass says smiling. "Oh, and there's a photographer, and videographer here to capture the whole day but I promise those are the only cameras. We made everyone sign NDA's so there's no way anything is getting leaked."