Chapter 73

Crashhhhh!

    "Where...is Bucky?" She all but whispered. Her eyes were round as saucers. The shattered coffee cup and spilled contents was of no concern.

    The team looked between each other, solemn looks shared with their teammates grief. Steve looked the worst. He was getting used to having his best friend back and then, he was gone.

    Loki caught Shadow. She was stumbling and staring at nothing as her brain processed this news. Of course it would explain the feeling she felt earlier. But where had he gone.

    "I'm so sorry, Shadow. We were fighting some Hydra soldiers. We received intel about Rumlow in search of some formula that could be used for some sort of weapon. Bucky and I were working together and when I turned to check on him, he was suddenly gone." Steve was rambling. Shadow could see that he was beating himself up about the whole situation.

    Shadow brushed off Loki's touch. She missed Bucky. She didn't feel right. She shuffled in front of her friend, and lunged forward wrapping him in a hug.

    "Steve..." She breathed. "It's not your fault."

    Steve scoffed in her shoulder, still holding onto Shadow for some sort of comfort. "It's on me."

    Shadow shook her head. She pulled away, noticing the frown etched from his lips. "It's not." She reached up to her shoulder and felt her mark through her sweater. "He's still alive."

    She was stoic, walking slowly towards her bedroom ignoring everyone else around her. Loki just watched. He was hurt when she didn't accept his touch, but he couldn't understand how she was feeling fully because he wasn't mated to Bucky, he just shared a mate.

    The team just stared and watched her disappear towards her room.

    Natasha stepped up to Loki's shoulders, avoiding touching him since Loki wasn't fond of physical touch with others. "We will find him for her. Don't worry."

    He nodded, then turned to Steve. "Hydra took him, right?"

    "It's the only possible group that would try to take him back." Steve shrugged his shoulders in defeat.

    Loki noticed that everyone was still standing behind Steve, not really knowing what to do next. Loki cleared his throat, "I think everyone should go freshen up. Take some time to rest and recuperate. If Hydra is planning something, we will all need our wits to figure it out."

    Everyone agreed and made their way to their respective rooms. Loki sunk into the nearest chair, not really knowing what to do to help his mate.

    "Um.. Loki?" Wanda's apprehensive voice came from beside him.

    He looked up, surprised because he thought he was alone. "Yes?"

    She stood and nervously fiddled with her fingers. "I think I may know what they are planning."

    He stood. "What?"

    She sighed and took slow steps towards the couch. She knew she needed to sit to be able to tell him, her nerves getting the best of her. She plopped onto the couch across from the god with him following her actions. "We know where Hydra is going to hit next. They're going to be in Lagos. There is an infectious and unique disease testing facility there and it holds something Rumlow wants. Maybe they want to use Bucky to help them get it?"

    Loki pondered over her words. "Well, it is possible, but Hydra won't be able to control him again. Shadow made sure of it."

    Wanda frowned, thinking her information wasn't worth telling. "I'm sorry. I thought maybe that might help. I-,"