The Untold Story of Ariel and Cinderella

I'm struggling to fall asleep. Despite my repeated efforts to find a comfortable position,

I am unable to drift off into slumber. It feels like my eyes refuse to close, and my mind is racing with a million thoughts, making it impossible to relax and rest.

I stirred from my slumber and reached for my phone, hoping to catch a glimpse of the time. The little clock on the screen indicated that it was almost 3 a.m. My heart sank as I realized that I had barely slept for a few hours.

I groaned in great frustration as I threw myself back into my bed, feeling restless and weary.

I knew I had an important class later in the day, and the thought of being too tired and sleepy to focus on it made me feel even more anxious.
I couldn't bear the idea of not being able to perform to the best of my abilities.

In an attempt to calm my nerves, I decided to listen to some good classical music.

I plugged my earphones and started scrolling through my playlist, only to be reminded that I recently just deleted my classical music and that all that was left were my rock and metal songs.

The realization hit me hard, and I regretted my decision to delete my classical music.
I sighed in defeat and wondered how I could get through the night without any soothing tunes.

As I continued scrolling down the page on my laptop, I was interrupted by a soft knocking sound on my bedroom door. I got up to see who it was and found my dear grandma standing at the door with a warm smile on her face.

"Is everything alright, my dear?" she asked, noticing the discomfort in my voice. "I could hear you groaning from the other room."

I felt a little embarrassed about making such a fuss, but I was grateful for her concern.

"I'm having trouble sleeping, grandma," I confessed.

"Perhaps a story will help," she suggested.

I couldn't help but chuckle. "Grandma, I think I'm a little too old for bedtime stories, don't you?"

"Ah, but this is no ordinary story," she insisted.

She had always told me stories when I was a child, but I thought I had outgrown them. "But grandma, I'm already thirteen," I protested with a smile.

"Stories are not just for kids, sweetheart."

"Okay" I shrugged my shoulders in defeat and sat on the bed beside grandma.

" You know Ariel, right?" Grandma asked.

"Yeah," I said biting my lower lip to suppress my laughter.

"She's the mischievous mermaid princess that fell in love with a human. She gave up her voice for a pair of legs just to be with Prince Eric. Everyone is familiar with her story."

I was left perplexed when my grandma suddenly asked, "But are you sure that's the true story?" Her question threw me off-guard, and I couldn't understand what she was referring to.

"Grandma," I replied, "are you talking about the Grimm Brothers' version of the story? I've read about it on the internet. It's pretty different from Disney's version."

Despite my response, my grandma seemed to be talking about something entirely different. She diverted my attention from my thoughts and said, "This is the untold truth about how Ariel got her legs."

I was intrigued and lay down as she sat beside me. Her voice was soft and soothing as she began to tell me the fascinating story of Ariel's transformation.