Chapter 6

Tobias takes the abnegation symbol stencil, 'Where do you want it?" He asks. I think for a while, and I realize I don't have to. I'll put it where it belongs, "Over my heart," I answer. He nods and places it on my chest, and I cringe as it stings. When he finishes he wipes my chest with a wet wipe. "What do you think?" He asks, "I like it," I reply.

"Do you have any tattoos?" I ask, he nods, "I have all the faction symbols down my back," he tells me. "Can I get a piercing too?!" I ask as I look at a picture of a dauntless girl with earrings all around her ears. "I let you get a tattoo, no more than that," he answers. We leave and go to the training room.

"Let me see you punch the punching bag," he says. With every ounce of strength in my body I give the bag a good punch, and I see my knuckles bleed. "Let me get you gloves," he says, and leaves the room. I lean against a wall and suddenly feel a knife pass my arm, Jared walks in with another man at his side.

"Who's your mom?" The man asks, "Who are you?" I ask back. "Jack Kang, now answer my question," he snaps. "What if I don't want to tell you?" I mock, and he frowns. "You see that knife? Well, there's more where that came from," he threatens. Jared stays silent, he seems intimidated, "What if her dad is here? He's going to crush you," Jared tells him. "I'm not scared of Four," Jack says, and raises a knife.

I move away and he aims at me, except the knife doesn't become airborne. The knife lands against Jack's neck, held there by Tobias. "Get out of here Kang, and leave my daughter alone," Tobias says, "You can only keep me away for so long," Jack says as he leaves, Jared by his side. I let out a sigh of relief, and run to hug Tobias.

"Why didn't you call for me?" He angrily asks, "I wanted to face a scary situation on my own," I answer. "We're going," he says, "Why?" I ask. "Jack wants information from you, information that you're not going to give him, he won't stop bothering you until he gets what he wants," he explains. We leave dauntless, and go back to Tobias's apartment.