01

// Emperor palace //

"I congratulate you on your victory." Emperor Han Gyeol said to her daughter, Princess Y/n who kneeled before him. He is so happy about her victory.

'It's all thanks to his majesty's arrangements." She replied calmly.
"I proclaim a celebration banquet on tomorrow's evening for our Empire's hero, Princess Y/n !" Eveyone present in the hall cheered up.
"I'm grateful, your highness."

*****

//Queen Ha - Rin's Room//

Y/n's Pov

"Empire's hero, Princess Y/n is here, my lady." The guard informed the Queen.
"Let her in." Queen Ha - Rin command him.

"Mother." I bow to her. "Well done, princess." She got up from seat and embraced me. "This mother can't expect much from you. I'm glad to see you're doing well."Her eyes were showing sincerity.
"And I'm glad to see you happy, mother." I replied to her with a smile.

"At this rate, the Emperor won't have any other choice but to let you sit on his Throne." My smile dropped on the name of the Throne. "I don't wish for the Thorne. Brother Hoojin is the rightful owner of the Throne after the Emperor."

"That stupid boy doesn't know how to even fight ! He's good for nothing. Who would want a naive and bookworm Emperor?" She scoffed. "I won't take any bad words for my brother." I warned her. "He's only your half - brother. He already has everyone's favor because he's Empress Do - Yun's son. But you, you've worked hard to get this position."

In this world, where nobody wants a daughter, I've proved my worth. I don't wish for anything more, I just want my mother to live a respectful and peaceful life.

She's the 3rd wife of the Emperor. He has 4 wives. Being the 3rd wife means gaining a bad side of the nobles. My mother is in a great position because of me but the 4th wife, Queen Sang - Mi is alone and suffering.