SIX

What would happen if I punched you in the faceThe hinging of your jaw undone as it breaks

What would happen
if I punched you in the face
The hinging of your jaw
undone as it breaks

I was wandering the streets by myself, solemnly, so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't realise the person following me

I turned a corner, walking past a few restaurants and corner shops when I realised there was someone behind me.

I quickened my pace without looking back and before I knew it, my arm had been caught in a firm hold.

I gasped and spun around, ready to defend myself, but the person spoke up "Ha-yoon!"
Standing in front of me was Ryung-gu.

"Jesus christ Ryung-gu, you can't just sneak up on me like that" I huffed out, before remembering why I was out here in the first place and began to walk away, loosening his grip on my arm.

"I know, I'm sorry. I was shouting your name but you didn't hear me and I had no other choice but to stop you."

I turned around once more "Just leave me alone Ryung-gu, why are you even out here? You couldn't seem to give a shit about me before. What do you want?" I said, slightly agitated. Though a part of me hoped he was here to comfort me. To apologise. To tell me everything was going to be okay.

He stared at me, seemingly hesitant "Jun-woong told me to come and apologise." He cleared his throat and looked around, heavily avoiding my gaze.

"Right, of course he did. You clearly don't want to though, so you should probably just leave me be and carry on with whatever you were doing."

"No I-" he stuttered "I should apologise." My breath got caught in my throat. "And I will. I'm sorry Ha-yoon. I was really harsh on you and I shouldn't have been. I know you're still trying to make sense of everything and I'm not being helpful at all."

For a moment, I considered saying 'it's okay' or 'I understand' or even 'apology accepted'. But I didn't want to. Not after the way he's been treating me and Jun-woong. So the words that came out of my mouth were: "You're right. You're not helpful. And as much as I want to accept you're apology and be friendly that's not going to happen because your head is too far up your own ass to actually care." Hoping to get away this time, I attempted to walk away again but he caught my hand.