Grumpy x sunshine (2)

" will you go to the prom with me." I ask and matts face is still in a frown but he nods, switching from a frown to an unnoticeable smirk. Me and matt have been dating for 4 months and i knew he wasn't going to ask me so i asked him.

" your the best." I smile and almost crush him as i press my cheek to his. He kisses me and i kiss him back. " dont speak too soon," Nick teases and matt tells him to fuck off.

~A week later~

Im driving to matts house and he has no idea im on my way because if he did he wouldn't agree to dress shop with me. He said he'd just wear the suit from last years dance because he's a year older than me.

" oh hey y/n, matts not here." Chris says and i frown. " why? Where is he." I ask and he shrugged his shoulders. " maybe gone to get food? Im not sure sorry. Wanna come in to wait for him." Chris asks and i shake my head and head back to my car. Ill just take photos and send them to him.

I go to the first store and see a baby blue dress and i snap a photo but i dont think ill get it because the back is too open.

I walk past a florist and see matt at the cash register and he's buying a corsage. I smile and walk off to other stores.

I find other dresses and snap more photos to send to matt and my older sister. I see a pastel purple one and it has sequins on and i love it. I see another yellow one thats more of a sundress but it's exaggerated enough to be a prom dress.

I send the three photos to matt and he tells me he likes them all but he thinks the purple on is more me. I buy the purple one and head home. I send him a text saying i bought the purple one.

~Prom day!~

When i wake up at 9am to get ready for my hair appointment at 10 i wake up to a text from matt. 'Happy prom day, cant wait to see you in that beautiful purple dress!!💜' i smile and text back. ' im so exited to see you in a tux!! 🥵' i reply and he sends a photo of him laughing.

I get my hair in waves and i decide to do a half up- half down. I do my own makeup because i dont like the feel of foundation on my face so i do as minimal as i can, but add lots of highlighter.

I hear a car pull up and matt gets out and walks to the front door. I rush downstairs and fling the door open before he can ring the bell. My sister has come home to see me before i go and to take photos and shes smiling.

" hey." I say.
" your look so... so beautiful." He says and i smile and kiss him. " is that mine." I ask, pointing to the small container in his hand. He nods, swallowing, his Adam's apple bobbing up and down. " yeah, and these are." He says and pulls a bouquet of PURPLE flowers from behind him.

" Thank you so much." I say and i tell him to come inside and he nods. He's talking to my family while i put the flowers in water and then grab my shoes and bag.

" Photos!" My mom screeches and i smile, matt stops himself before he groans and irritates my mom. We take some photos where matt holds me and where we do funny poses, i make him smile the take some with my mom and dad and my sister and then some of just me and my sister. While im posing i swear i see matt smile but he shakes it off when he sees me smiling and staring at him.

" okay we have to go, dont want to miss the whole thing." I groan and pull matt out the door. When we get there i protest to get photos straight away or ill look sweaty later on. " you could never look bad." Matt whispers in my ear and my cheeks flush.

We dance and matt watches me for the first couple of songs but i drag him up after. He gets me punch and we eat the meal thats put out for us.

" can we dance again." I ask and he shakes his head and groans. " please?" I add and he gives in. " yeah." He says. We start to dance but the next song is a slow song. He holds my waist and i rest my arms around his neck, he flushes red and we dance. Slowly. And awkwardly.

" thank you for coming." Whisper and he nods, kissing my neck. " im glad i did, your a-lot of fun." He says and i smirk. Told you so.

When people start to file out it quiets down and me and matt are still chatting at our table.

" im gonna head to the bathroom, then well head out." He says and i nod. After he's done and were in the car im aware its only 11pm and i dont want to go home.

" can we go somewhere else, i dont have to be home until 1." I say and he smiles, he drives us to a diner on our way home and i start to grow uncomfortable. " theres extra clothes in my trunk. Some joggers and i shirt." He says and i take them and change in the bathroom while he gets us burger. When i walk out i realise we look crazy, him in a full tux and me looking homeless.

He drives me home and when we pull into the driveway i dont want to go. Its 12:54 and i want to savour everything. " ill walk you in." He whispers and i nod.

" did you have fun." He asks when im on the top step. " i did, thank you for everything." I say and he smiles, a big toothy grin, i poke his cheeks and he laughs.

" i love you." He replies. The first time he's ever said it. " i love you too." I say and kiss him, he holds me tight and close and he grins down at me. " okay, dont get me in trouble." I tease and he kisses me and then drives off. Best. Night. Ever.

A/N: I LOVED WRITING THIS!!!!!