Chapter 16: Present

---------------Tim's POV: ---------------

I had to blink a few more times before I moved to refresh the screen. Surely this had to be a mistake, surely our sister, the dear sister we'd thought we'd lost, wasn't a part of the assassins league.

I found myself racing forwards, my fingers fumbling for the right buttons as I tried desperately to keep my breathing steady, my thoughts had to be concise now but I could feel my clutch on my clear thinking slipping.

I clicked the button, the screen loading again, this time taking much longer than the previous time. We waited in baited silence, my hands shaking as I kept my eyes planted firmly on the screen.

But as Percy's image popped back up, her smiling face staring at me as if telling me she could never, and I wanted to believe that she would never ever do something like this, but the DNA and Jason's concussion told me otherwise.

Percy was a killer.

Somewhere along the line, after she'd left us, something had changed in her to make her turn to this path. She was like Jason before we talked some sense into him.

"Oh, God." I turned quickly, Dicks voice had startled me. I had completely forgotten he was the reason we found this, forget even being here in the first place.

Dick had a hand over his mouth, his eyes wide as he stared at the screen above us. He looked to be jumping through the same mental hoops as me, but he didn't know to the extent to which Percy's involvement went.

"This has to be wrong, right?" Dick asked as he forcefully ripped his eyes away from the screen, turning to me instead. It was almost like he was silently pleading for me to be lying to him, to yell out "SIKE!" but unfortunately I couldn't do that. I turned my attention back to the screen as I began typing for any information on her, we knew she didn't have the cleanest record back then so maybe it was the same as now. 

I typed in her name and what came up was nothing. Absolutely nothing new. 

"Tim." I felt a hand on my shoulder as I turned back to Dick who held a look of something between shock and fear. "It's Percy isn't it." I hesitated before nodding, taking in a deep breath as Dick's grip on my shoulder tightened. I watched as his jaw clenched, his gaze turning to the ground before he smiled. "Tim, Percy sounded just fine." I watched as his smile grew a bit as his eyes made contact with mine again. "She's okay Tim! Percy's okay!" he grabbed y other shoulder, shaking me slightly. 

I recoiled slightly from the twist in attitudes, putting both hands up but not removing Dick's grasp. "But Dick, Percy's with the league, she probably kills people!" I said in slight annoyance. Dick rolled his eyes, shaking his head. 

"Tim. You say this even with Jason in the room over?" He turned to the medical room we had set up. "I'm sure there's a reason behind it, and whatever it is I'm sure she just wants us to come and help her out of it. We can get our little sister back!" His smile was so innocent and pure that I didn't have the heart to tell him that the hypothetical killing really was mass murder. If there was a reason behind it, it still wasn't completely justifiable. Nothing ever would be. But Dick was so happy, his eyes gleamed in a way they hadn't for a long time, his smile so wide I was afraid he'd permanently get stuck that way. 

I let out a short sigh as I shut my eyes for a moment. 

I could never be mad at Percy, even now I was still looking for a reason to excuse it or find something that is maybe controlling her. I loved my little sister, and getting her back was all I cared about. 

I felt a small smile break through my face as I opened my eyes. "Let's go get her then!" I replied, Dick's smile widening as shook me slightly. 

"That's right! Timbo and Grayson on the case!" He chuckled as he turned back to the screen, staring it down for a moment with an almost reminiscent look. "Now, let's go and find some leads." I nodded as Dick sat beside me, pulling over the rolly chair as I began searching our database. 

We are going to get our sister back, one way or another. 

---------------------------

764 words