3

12 years old:

"Relax Honey, you're going to fall if you don't."

Donna spoke up behind me and I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down. The books on my head juggled a little and I pouted angrily up at them before turning one last time. The Donna clapped happily and Sally stood beside her with a stern look.

She was looking at me as if I had done something wrong, I really hope I hadn't because the Boss- Severus's father- was a creepy man. And if she thought that I didn't accomplish anything then the man would come to visit.

He scared me a lot and the last time he visited, I hid behind Donna. There was something about the way he smiled that scared me, Mama had always told me that if someones smile didn't seem inviting. Getting close to them was dangerous.

So in a sense I was lucky, as far as I knew, the Boss had to be at the main base of the Gang. If it was even worth being called that, it was far larger and far much more wide spread and influential than I had previously thought.

I found this out when a bunch of police and army officers had stepped into the mansion that I was currently held in. I thought they were here to save us and that Donna and I could finally be free, but I was wrong. And I learned of that after Sally bowed in front of them and led them on to meet the 'boss'.

That was also the day he had visited. He was no doubt a good looking person, but something about him seemed off and dangerous. Sadly, Severus wasn't with him then.

Speaking of Severus, he had begun visiting us quite often. It was usually during my trainings, according to Donna it was the only time Sally wasn't standing at the main gate to keep him away.

The only time he dared laugh at me was when I was doing the exact same practice that I was doing right now, and the books slipped off my head. I tried to keep them balanced and moved forward to catch them but my foot got caught in the rug and I ended up falling.

Severus was there at that time and I had unfortunately scraped my knees through the ankle length dress that I was wearing. Donna wasn't around then and I was practicing in my room, alone when he had snuck in through the window like usual.

He was laughing so hard that he tripped over the same rug and fell down beside me. He sat up and looked at me before freezing, I was already crying by then and the look on his face was clear guilt.

"Are you~"

"I'm never talking to you again!"

I had exclaimed and run off to hide in my washroom but him being faster and not wearing a long gown made it easier for him to catch up.

"Sorry."

He mumbled while staring down at me and I sniffled.

"No, I don't accept it."

He sighed before looking down at my knees.

"You're bleeding."

I frowned at him and pulled my arm out of his before turning away with a scowl. I knew he was standing behind me then and I couldn't help the hurt I felt over him laughing at my misery.

"Let me disinfect it at least."

I didn't respond, instead I shook my head and stayed rooted in place. He sighed in response before lifting me off the ground. I squeaked in response and he smiled at me before carrying me to the washroom.

He put me down beside the Jacuzzi and grabbed the first aid kit, that was when I realized that he'd have to lift my gown to see my knees and I was only wearing an underwear underneath it. My face went red as I thought about it and pulled away when Severus knelt down before me.