The Next Step To Forgiveness

"Very good jade, but there are a couple loopholes, and the essay should be based on a true story," Dr. Parttel interrupted.

"But sir- it is based on a true story. Or um... most of it is,"

Dr. Parttel response " you get an "A" but stay on topic next time". I just sat back down and continued to read my book "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen. My phone was on my desk when it began to buzz. I quickly picked it up and read "Meet me in our spot. I wanna make out ;b <3". I jumped up out of my chair and yelped

"Can I use the bathroom"

"Go," she sighed pointing at the door. I grabbed my phone and put my books back in my bag that was now falling off my arm and ran out of class. There was a closet with a door in the back of the old art room. That door led to a weirdly clean bathroom me and my friends would skip class in. I grabbed my jacket out of my locker and ran across the school. Once I got to the old creepy art room I heard a loud sound and Nikki yell,

"Oh my god hurry up,".

I rushed in and said "sorry it took so long" nervously taking off my heels.

Nikki just looked at me and said" don't be, I love you babe" I just kissed her. She grabbed my hair and pulled me in as I put my hands up her shirt slowly. My mind just went to the things we did in that bathroom. It was so hot in there, a tension began to build. I started to go farther when we heard the door open. It was James and Lucy.

"Dude I knew you were gay but damn!" James said as Lucy stood laughing.

Nikki just stood up and said " I'll show you gay, knock next time asshole"

"No promises," Lucy giggled. The girl from my essay, Xena, was based around Nikki. I know she seems mean but once you get to know her she is one of the sweetest people you could ever meet. It's really hard to explain to her, I don't think I can. She's just special, in every way and she kinda wrote most of my essay. She wanted to, she loves to write more than anything I can think of, I mean we met because of her poems. She was in 2nd grade and had to write a short story... She wrote 63 pages. And I was placed as her partner and drew the pictures. We hung out that recess and were best friends ever since. I fell in love. It was hard not to. I looked over at Nikki who was now on the bright green locker reading a book.

"Since we're all here, we should probably give James the answers to tomorrow's math test," James said with a smug look on his face. Nikki just put her middle finger up and continued reading. It was hard to believe that she was capable of the things she does. She looked up shocked and started shaking

"Oh my god I think she's having a seizure!" Lucy shrieked. James began to tear up. I ran to grab her as she fell off the locker. She then sat up and looked in the corner from before.

"What the hell just happened?" I gasped.

"Would you believe me if I said that Cassie was just there?" She said, tears fell from her eyes. I could tell she wasn't lying but she had to be. There was no way Cassie was there, she'd been dead.

"That's just too far. Like what the hell is wrong with you. You're really sitting there telling me my little sister was there when she killed herself. You are sick." James said as he walked out of the room. He had tears running down his face.

"I didn't mean it like that, I thought I saw her," Nikki cried.

Lucy looked at her and sighed "That's my fault, Me and him got into an argument and bla bla bla things were said and body part sizes were mocked. He's still upset about it." Me and Nikki were just shocked.

"I'm going home," Nikki said as she got up and walked out the door. I followed her to the window where she jumped out into the brushes. Losing Cassie hurt her the most. I know I said I fell in love but she didn't. She loved Cassie and Cassie loved her. They were together for six years, I'm just a replacement. She likes to pretend Cassie is still here and I can't blame her. I miss Cassie as well. James had only new Cassie for two years, his parents split and his dad to her when he was a new born because his mom was found with another man. It was the saddest thing when she left. Nikki tried to kill herself over six times to numb the pain of losing a literal angel.