06

I've always hated Mondays.

I hated them almost as much as I hated Grayson Scott.

Of all the people on this planet, why did I have to kiss him? My brother's stupid best friend and the most annoying person I had ever met in my life. And it's not like it will be an easy feat to avoid him, given that we both go to the same school and that he's basically at my house all of the time. Our next encounter would definitely be awkward, which is why I planned on achieving the impossible by avoiding him at all costs.

I peeked my head around the corner, scoping out the corridor for you-know-who.

So far, so good.

I cautiously made my way down the corridor towards my locker, continuously looking backwards and forwards down the corridor.

I did the code to the lock on my locker and quickly rushed to pull it open with all my might. Despite asking the principal many times if I could be given a new locker, I was still stuck with this one, which always jammed. Some days were easier than others, all it would take is one abrupt pull of the door et voila. But most days, it was like trying to lift up Thor's hammer.

"Stupid locker." I whispered frustratedly.

"Dal!" Cody's voice called from down the hall.

Ffs. Did he have to announce my existence to the entire school?!

Cody approached me, nodding his head to whatever was playing through his earphones. When he reached me, he pulled his earphones out of his ears and shoved them into his pocket.

"I thought we were walking to school today." He spoke, his breath racing, as if he had just ran here.

"Shit, sorry. My mom dropped me off." Was my excuse.

"God, i am so fucking tired." Cody groaned, turning to place his back up against the locker next to mine.

I took another go at attempting to open up my locker before groaning with defeat.

"Honestly, same." I said.

"Wanna skip?" He asked me, a mischievous grin appearing on his face.

I gave it a moment of thought, unsure wether or not I should actually play hooky. My parents would probably murder me if they found out. Cody's eyes were glued to mine, waiting for an answer.

"Okay, let's do it." I smiled excitedly.

I couldn't say why, but the thought of skipping school was thrilling.

We started towards the nearest exit when my older brother Mitchell and Grayson turned the corner, headed straight towards us.

I reached out and grabbed onto Cody's shoulder, pulling him backwards. "Maybe we should go this way."

I didn't even bother waiting for him to agree before I started walking in the opposite direction, eager to make it around the corner before they could spot me.

Cody quickly caught up with me, walking beside me, step in step as we headed for the east exit.

Upon exiting the school building and entering the parking lot, we were met with Hannah and Lucy, who looked as if they had just arrived.

"Where are you two headed?" Hannah wondered, eyebrows scrunched together as she paused before us. The smell of her vanilla flavored perfume wafted towards me and entered my nostrils.