5

Lacey woke up the next morning and grabbed her phone to text Ryan. She was feeling a lot better and was definitely ready to set up their second date.

Lacey chuckled and sent him her address before getting up and getting ready for the day

Hailey and Lacey drove separately to the district, and all Lacey could think about in her car was Ryan. He was super nice, and everything she'd wanted in a man. How Hailey knew they'd be perfect together was beyond her but she was lucky that her best friend knew her well enough.

Both of them parked the cars and headed up the steps, sitting at their desks and getting started on their paperwork.

"Look whos back," Kev chuckled, sitting across from Lacey.

"Yep, I'm alive and migraines suck," She sighed, before looking over at Jay, "Yes I scheduled an appointment,"

"Thank you," He nodded, sitting at his desk across from Hailey.

Lacey sighed and got to work, hoping Jay wouldn't bring up the doctor thing again. She hadn't really scheduled an appointment with the doctor, knowing or at least telling herself that it was just the stress of the new job and she'd be okay in a few weeks. It was nothing and the over the counter meds worked just fine, which was mostly her lying to herself.

"Did you really schedule one?" Jay asked not immediately believing his sister when she told him the first time.

"Yes, Jay I did," She nodded, looking at her computer as he asked.

"Why aren't you looking me in the eyes then?" He tested, knowing she couldn't hold it in much longer.

Lacey sighed and looked at him, "Fine. I didn't. Because I don't need to go,"

"What? Are you serious Lacey? When I found you on the floor a week ago, and took you home yesterday? You think this is fine?" He asked, slightly raising his voice as he spoke to her in the bullpen.

Lacey groaned and grabbed his arm, pulling him to the breakroom with her, "Will you just stop?!"

"Stop what Lace? Looking out for you? Making sure you take care of yourself?" He asked both of them whisper yelling in the breakroom as the team worked in the bullpen.

"Just stop Jay! I'm 24! I'm not 15 anymore," She said, looking right at her brother. "Yes, I lost my mom and my dad all in one second it seemed and you and Will had to be in charge of me. But i'm an adult now, I pay my own bills, and I had my own place before I moved in with Hailey. I promise you, i'm fine,"