⚜ the inevitable ending.

‣ trigger warnings ! death‣ i tried my best to keep dottore in chara

‣ i tried my best to keep dottore in chara. </3
‣ idea; you leave to go on your first/last job assignment from the tsaritsa, and don't make it.
‣ i'm sorry in advance :p

"what happens when a mortal loves a divine being?"
_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

   "must you go, my dear?" dottore, the prime version of him, asks you as his eyes never once left the paper work on his desk. there's a rather large chunk of papers in front of him, each are various experiments or tools that the clones have asked permission of; meaning, he has to read through and personally approve of each one. he really should just get a clone to do it, though, make his life easier.

he wasn't listening to a word you were saying until you blurted out the fact that you got a job assignment. he was too focused in his work to truly listen to you, it'd distract him. but you leaving had caught his attention, for the wrong reasons.

he'll never admit to it but he worries for you and enjoys your presence. you're his lover, after all. his mortal lover to be precise. the thought of you leaving to go on a mission ... has too many variables to it- he doesn't like it.

you could get hurt, seriously damaged, lose a limb, die, or archons know what else. you could die. he didn't like it, not one bit of this thought in his brain. he can't pinpoint what emotion is causing these idiotic thoughts, but the moment he finds out, he's cutting it out of his brain. literally, if he must.

  "mhm! the tsaritsa said i'm to go with capitano," you spoke softly as your hip presses into the side of his wooden desk.

captiano? that's who you're going with? the lowly ranked human? and not someone like, pierro? why couldn't you go with the only one that passes dottore in strength?

   "capitano, my dear? good heavens, good luck," was all he had said. he refuses to be weak in front of you, he has to be "strong" for you. he's a renowned scientist, the second harbinger, feared killer. he couldn't afford to be weak in front of your very eyes.

only the best for his lover.

  "we leave tomorrow, if you want to do anything before then," you speak gently, most likely hinting at something.

he knows that's your "subtle" way of asking for attention, but he has to work. he has all these papers to do and then reports later, and then everything that pierro fucking wants. he doesn't have the time. nor, does he wish for you to see him in a certain way.

the longer he'd spend with you, the more the worry in him grew. you weren't of an exceptional strength, you're not a harbinger, by any means. sure, you're stronger than that of an intermediary, but not a harbinger's strength. and, on top of that, you're going with ... the fucking moron who blindly just throws punches and hopes for the best.