the largest pumpkin in the patch

Warning: None.

Extra tags: omegaverse, alpha/omega, omega levi, alpha eren, modern au, post mpreg, mpreg, pregnant levi, parents ereri, twin boys (6) and a girl (2)

Prompt: pumpkin patch

Day: 13 [ Oct 13, 2k22 ]

✎﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

Date: October 13th, 2021

Time: 16:47 pm

"Pumpkins! Pumpkins! Pumpkins!" The three leashed Jaegers shouted as they led their parents through the arched entrance of the Zoë Pumpkin Patch.

Eren tugged on their oldest twin's monkey leash, a laugh bubbling in his chest.

"Gosh dang it, Eren, control your rascal, will you! Zachariah Ainsley Jaeger! Elisabeth Taylor Jaeger! Heel!" Levi barked, yanking on his own two child leashes.

Zack had his puppy child leash wrapping across his chest, and his twin brother had his little brown monkey child leash around his chest. Elizabeth had her cat child leash on; Eren and Levi's way of identifying the boys and keeping the kids in line. Or, as in line as you can keep two rowdy six year old boys and an overly curious four year old girl.

"They're not dogs, Lee!" Eren chuckled. "Lizzy! Zack! If you behave until we get back to the car, we'll go to DQ and get some malts!"

Levi clucked. "If you keep spoiling them like this, they'll never listen to me," he grumbled, following the bouncy kids to the line of giant orange pumpkins.

"Big one! Big one! Pumpkin! Bam, bam!" Elizabeth began hitting a nearby pumpkin almost as big as her with her tiny fists, startling her mother.

"Not the biggest of the batch, Lizzy. Here, let's go say hi to Mr and Mrs Zoë. Natalie! Jonathan! Hello! Have you seen your child?! Hanji promised to meet us here ten minutes ago!" Levi waved to the kids' godparent's parents, frustration coating his words like frosting on a cupcake.

"They're in the corn maze, dears! We'll give them a quick call! Go ahead and call dibs on whichever pumpkins you guys want, and we'll give y'all a family discount!" That's why Levi loved Natalie Martinez Zoë. She was quick to the point and more normal than her hellion of a child. Plus, she always spoiled him despite already having a mother. He had a poor childhood, but Natalie always made it a point to make up for it by gifting things to him or letting him get a pumpkin or two for practically nothing at all while everyone else around them, mostly just people they don't know, spent fifty bucks on a twenty pounder.

"Thanks, Nat! Come on, you little Munsters! Let's get the largest pumpkin in the patch, and then we'll find some small ones for you three. I also want a baby pumpkin for what I have planned tonight," Levi muttered with his face turned from his mate and children.

He had a huge surprise for his wild three children and equally as wild husband.

"Alright! Let's get started! Come on, Jackie! We'll check this way, and mommy and your brother and sister can go the other way!" Eren took off with their middle child, heading off towards a mountain of giant orange and white pumpkins. While he rifled through that pile, Levi led his own charges to a different one with smaller pumpkins. "Let's get these out of the way, first. Choose a baby pumpkin for Jackie, too, Zack." Levi found himself a three pound white pumpkin, and he immediately began planning its carving and decorating.

"That's a lovely one, Lizzy," Levi praised as his daughter grabbed a four pounder. "Hold on to that one, and Zack, you find yours and Jackie's and hold on to them, as well, so we don't lose them. Daddy should have the pumpkin by now, so let's go to him."

When they reached him, however, they were sitting there in front of five pumpkins, hands on their chins, little Jackson imitating his father, as they debated which one to pick. They each looked to be between twenty-five and thirty something pounds.

"Get the biggest there," Levi pointed, "and you and the kids can have fun with it while I make pie out of the insides." Levi figured he could just donate the pumpkin guts from the small ones combined to a family who needed it more than he did, and maybe even half of the big one, and he can just make a single large pie for dessert for the night. They can have Natalie or Jonathan hold another pumpkin when Thanksgiving comes around, or... "and take the second biggest. I can just can the second pumpkin guts for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I'm giving the smaller pumpkins' guts to a family in need."

Eren agreed enthusiastically, grabbing both in his arms, wobbling a little to the left under the fifty pound weight. "Oomf."

"Come on, let's hurry to Mr and Mrs Zoë so we can find Godparent Hanji." Levi led them this time, assisting Eren when the Alpha struggled on the way back.

"Mr Zoë! Mrs Zoë! We got pumpkins! Pumpkins, Mr and Mrs Zoë! Daddy's are huuuge! Ours are tiny, though!" The kids ran ahead, their leashes released from the parents' grips as they all three bounded up to the elders.

"Woah! Those are our biggest this year! Good job finding them, Eren! Come over here, and we'll talk about prices." While they went off in the green tent, Levi gathered the leashes in one fist and yanked once to get their attention. "Don't wander anywhere. I don't trust these strangers. And where is that god-damned lunatic at?" That last sentence was uttered out of earshot of the kids, face turned to the corn maze. On cue, a familiar brunette shot out towards him.

"Levi!" Hanji tackled him, leaving him frayed with nerves and uncomfortable.

"Hey! Careful! You gosh darned crazy freaking circus animal!" If this bitch didn't watch what she was doing, Levi thought, I'm going to fucking kill them!

"Sorry! Sorry! I'm so happy for you! Congr—" Levi shut them up with a hand clapped over their mouth.

"And shush! No one knows , Brielle." He growled, his poinsettia scent turning stale with the frustration that had returned full force along with the anxiety.

"Really? But I thought your family would have been the first to know..."

"Ugh, I was planning to tell them tonight with the baby pumpkin I bought." He crossed his arms over his chest, leashes tugging in his grip.

"Aww. Adorable! Good luck, dear friend! Oh, my little babies, how are you, sweeties!?" They turned their attention to the kids and gave Levi a rest from their shenanigans.

"Pumpkins paid for and acquired!" Eren paused in front of his Omega. "Levi? Are you okay? You smell distressed. What happened? Are you okay? Are you hurt? Did someone say something? Huh, there's peppermint in your scent..." Levi watched Eren's eyes dilate wide, realization lighting up his face. "Wha–" Levi glared hard at him, urging him to shut the hell up . He can at least keep it a surprise for his children, for God's sake!

"Can we go home now? I want to start decorating the pumpkins and bagging up the guts." Levi tugged Zack and Lizzy towards the exit, pumpkins in their own tiny hands.

They beat Eren and Jack to the car, and eventually Hanji let them go, and they both buckled their kids into their booster seats before climbing into the front. Eren demanded he drive while Levi rested.

Eren had always doted on Levi during his first two pregnancies, and even before and after them. He was an overly attentive Alpha, but not one who was too doting. He gave Levi space when he asked or needed it, and he did the same for their kids. The perfect father and mate. He couldn't have asked for a better person to have fallen in love with during the hard days on the front lines. They'd both met in the military, fighting for their lives on the front lines in two completely different squads.

After Levi got injured and was left with a permanent limp in his right leg, Levi retired with a purple heart. Eren got injured four months later. He lost a finger on his right hand and a couple of toes on his left foot in a grenadier explosion.

"Hey, Levi," Eren said, effectively getting his attention. "I love you."

Levi smiled softly in the passenger seat. "I love you too, Eren." He turned to the twins and their daughter. "And I love you guys too."

"I love you too, mommy!" They all shouted at the same time, wide little grins on their pudgy faces. "You too, daddy!" They added, giggling.

"Brats!" Eren retaliated, laughing as he turned on the turn signal at their street.