XV.

My 'dress' Is lying on the floor of the prep room.

I'm walking out to Caesar with pants on – something which no female tribute has ever done.

My hear pounds, and the only thing I can seem to remember is Jenna's interview.

Johanna looks up at me from one side of me. Her parents, after not attending the last broadcast, despite my endless warnings towards them, are surrounded by peacekeepers to make sure they don't flee. I doubt they could though, given Mrs. Masons deteriorating health and will to live, and her husband's desire to stay with her through everything. I only wished that he had that same desire to stay with Johanna too. After seeing both her parents lose themselves because of Jenna being reaped, I had become increasingly hellbent of keeping Anna with me to protect her.

"Is Jenny going to be okay, Ria?" She asks, with wide eyes, effective pulling me out of my thoughts. Lia gasps and cups her hands over her mouth for dramatic effect at the question making me smile slightly.

I look around for any sign of peacekeepers watching us, and then kneel down.

"Your sister loves you, Anna. And I know for a fact that she's fighting to get back to you." I smile at her, trying to hide my sadness.

I just hope it's enough, is what I think to myself after, but Anna seems sufficiently satisfied with my answer. Though in reality, being the tribute to score the absolute lowest in her games; a three, the odds weren't in her favor.

She walked up to the stage, making me gasp. She looked absolutely hideous. She wasn't ever a bad looking child, in fact, when she left to the games, she was at the epitome of beauty. Her stylist, however, seemed to be successful in absolutely destroying that beauty. She had smoky black eyes, that instead of making her look powerful and lustful made her look like she'd been punched in the face. She wore a hideous ugly green dress that came up past her neck at stood by the top of her head like her very own canopy. The sleeves extended down past her knees, and she stumbled onstage clearly uncomfortable with her outfit.

Even Caesar took a moment to take in her hideous attire. I wanted to kill the stylist that styled her.

"Jenna! Welcome, Welcome. Sit down. I think all of us are eager to hear from you aren't we. You're the baby in this year's hunger games tributes, aren't you?"

She seemed to distraught to answer the question, but she wiped her eyes and pulls herself together.

"I suppose you could say so Caesar, but I'm just as capable. Shall I let you in on a little secret?" She asked, leaning in towards Caesar, and cupping her hands around her mouth. I could see her move her mic so it would capture the sound of the secret. 'Smart girl' I had thought smiling, proud of my best friend.

"I only received a low score in training because I felt bad for my fellow tributes. Shocking all of them with my skill so early on and stealing their spotlight seemed unfair."

"Oh! Ohoho! This girl has some tricks up her sleeves then!" Caesar had exclaimed, making my heart rise. Now, when I look back, It was so clearly obvious that he didn't believe her.

She then talked about me. And her mom and dad, at which point I was too distracted by her mothers' cry of outrage to pay attention to her speak. I saw the peacekeepers bash her head in in an effort to keep her calm, and her go unconscious.

I dropped my jaw wide open in shock as I ran. I shot a pleading look at Danny, telling him to take care of Anna and Lia, which he did, and shot towards the Masons. Blood was dripping down her head, though the gash didn't look fatal.