Chapter Ten

*Not Proofread*

   Hoseok could hardly focus on his writing homework as he sat thinking about Chaerin. He was wondering if she had eaten yet, or if her mother would deny her a meal until he brought her lunch tomorrow.

   Jin notices his son's distant stare even when he was looking down at his paper. "Sunshine, are you okay?" He asks while cleaning up the table of the dirty dishes.

   He shakes his head. "I'm a little sad."

   "Why's that sunshine?" Questions his father with concern. "Everything okay at school?"

"Daddy, Chaerin told me that her mom only gives her a bean bun and kimchi for dinner because her mom needs to eat more than her since she works all day. And then she said she's been mean to her ever since her papa went to jail. That made me sad," he explains. "I'm wondering if she's hungry right now."

Hearing Hoseok's concern made Jin feel for the little girl. He really didn't mind packing two lunches every day, especially now that he knows her situation. "Well honey, there's not much we can do. But if you want, I'll make her lunch and send her home with something for dinner too."

Hoseok nods in understanding, still a little bummed out. Then he remembers the school dance and blushes. "Uhm, daddy?"

"Yes, sunshine?"

"There's a school dance during gym on Friday," Begins the child.

"Oh really? Were you planning on going?" Asks Jin.

"Well, yes." Hoseok gulps. "The tickets are five dollars, can I have five dollars to buy a ticket?"

Jin finishes putting the dirty dishes in the sink and pulls out his wallet. "Sure honey, here," he pulls out the money.

Hoseok doesn't take it right away. "I-I also wanted to buy one for Chaerin... is that okay..?"

In that instant, Jin gets the idea of what's going on and he smiles wide. "Ah, I see," he then pulls out more money and hands it to him. "Well, looks like we need to go shopping for some nice clothes for you to wear." Says the man, amused and aching to tell Namjoon.

With a wide smile of his own, Hoseok stuffs the cash in his backpack and thinks about the possibilities of what could happen tomorrow. Now he really couldn't focus on his homework with all the giddiness he felt.

Meanwhile, Namjoon was in his study, talking on the phone with a very important person.

"America? Are you really planning on moving your entire family over there? Are you in your right mind?"

"Yes father, we're going to move, all of us. It's a major inconvenience for the kids to be constantly harassed like they are." Replies Namjoon, rolling his eyes as he spoke.

The old man on the other end scoffs. "Well, it wouldn't be such an inconvenience if you hadn't chose the lifestyle you and your husband chose. Then there wouldn't be a need to move."

Namjoon internally sighs. This man was impossible. Both his parents were really. "I know what's best for my family father. Moving is the best option for the kids. There's more acceptance for them in America. Seokjin and I are hardly doing this for our own benefit." He says. "We are used to the backlash and lack of support."

His father makes a disapproving noise at the underhanded comment thrown towards him. "How will you maintain your family? I doubt you and your husband have enough saved to move to another country. It's not like a vacation where you spend a couple thousand dollars. The process is long and tedious to buy a home in another country. Have you two not thought of that?"