Sparks Fly

Grouchy's POV

Smurfette is throwing us a party, total overkill in my opinion. It was just a kiss. A great kiss, but not party worthy. Like really, who throws a party because of a kiss? I kissed Vanity many times and we never had a party, what is so different this time?

I must talk to Smurfette, I'm not too sure about this party. I must go now before this party goes any further.

"Smurfette? Can we talk?"

"Of course Grouchy, just not about the party, it's a surprise."

"But, it is about the party. I'm having second thoughts, I don't want a party."

"It's alright Grouchy, I have an idea for it."

"What is the idea, Smurfette? I really don't want us to be the center of attention."

"Oh! I knew you wouldn't Grouchy, and don't worry, you won't. I decided to make it a small celebration. I invited only a couple smurfs. Believe me, you and Clumsy will have so much fun!"

"Oh okay, I guess that's not too bad."

"Come back later, I'll have it all set up for you both."

"Yeah whatever."

I hate parties.. but I'm sure I can get through this. It's for Clumsy, he loves parties. I should go see him.

"Clumsy? Are you home?"

"Hi Grouchy, I'm getting ready for the party, are you good to go?"

"What? It's time?"

"Not yet, have you not picked an outfit yet?"

"I was thinking of going like this."

"Oh that's lovely Grouchy, do you want to get going? I'm sure Smurfette wouldn't mind us being early."

"Yeah, let's go."

It sure is beautiful here, Smurfette really outdid herself with decorations, but, where is Smurfette?

"Oh hey guys! You can just sit over there while everyone else arrives."

"I didn't see your pants in this light Clumsy, you look smurfstacular."

"Thank you Grouchy, you look pretty fabulous too."

"Hey Clumsy, look, is that Vanity?"

"Yeah, his tuxedo looks great."

"Should we have gotten dressed up?"

"I don't really own anything fancy."

"Me either, all my clothes look the same."

"Welcome to the party guys! Today we gathered for a celebration of friendship! Feel free to join the dance floor or help yourself to the snacks."

Smurfette was right, this party isn't so bad, maybe I'll dance with Clumsy.

"Hey, Grouchy."

"Yes, Clumsy?"

"Want to dance?"

"Of course."

Clumsy took my hand, I love holding his hand.

"Clumsy I lo-"

What was that sound, is that Nosey Smurf?

"Hi Smurfs, thank you for the invitation."

"You weren't invited, Reporter."

"Well Smurfette, I figured it got lost in the mail. Why would you not invite me?"

"Guests aren't comfortable around you."

"Well that's not my problem, you shouldn't be scared of the truth."

"What truth? Get out!"

"The truth that Clumsy loves Grouchy!"

Is he serious? He's a news reporter but always gets the news so late.

"And I'm going to prove it. That's right, I'll expose you both!"

"How are you going to do that?"

"I'll take a picture when you least expect it."

"Is that it?"

"No, I brought my loyal fans too, I thought it'd be unfair to see them miss out on this party."

"This is a private event, Nosey!"

"Did you just call me Nosey, Smurfette? I thought you'd be nicer than that."

"Get out!"

"No. Smurfs, Smurfette said come in."

"What? No I didn't. I need all of you out of here!"

"But Reporter said you said we could come in."

"No I didn't! All of you, get out! Now!"

"No! You will not ruin my final story." 

"What?" 

"I'm being forced to retire. Papa said I could have one final story as long as it's true."

Papa said what now? He can't possibly believe Nosey will uphold that promise. What is Nosey planning?

"I want to finish my longest on-going issue. I couldn't leave my followers hanging on to a thread." 

"What? Is this why we're here? You said Smurfette sent you to spread the word about the party as her invitations got lost." 

Smurfs in the crowd are getting tense. Should I say something?

"Yeah, stop bothering people Nosey."

"No, I will get my final story, and trust me Clumsy, and you Grouchy, sparks will fly."

That's it, I hate Nosey.

"Get out Nosey! We don't want you here."

"Be quiet Grouchy, it's time to celebrate." 

I hate reporters, and I hate Nosey Smurf.