15 ~ Ripped to Shreds when You Guys were Making Out

A/N: Another appearance by Juliette and Grady! I really hope I did your amazing characters justice, Noelle :)

The heels of the pumps I held by their black straps in between my fingers nudged together quietly as I gripped my palm around the golden handle, curling my fingers around it’s cool surface, chilling my skin, and gently, I edged the door open, catching the glint of light hitting the mirror across the room, highlighting my silhouette standing in between the door frame, the curled, disheveled strands of my brown hair reflecting off of the light shining in through the hallway and into the dark room, a flicker of light dancing on the carpet from the mirror rested upon of the vanity. The curtains on the windows had been drawn, dangling over the white walls and over a poster of Harry Styles, dimples embedded on both cheeks, head cocked to the side. High heels had been abandoned on the carpet, upside down and on their sides, along with a lone black jacket with sequins on the cuffs of the sleeves, sparkling from the light.

Slowly, with the golden light spilling on the back of my jean clad legs and over my toes as I felt the cushioned, white carpet beneath them, tinged orange, I tiptoed into the room, lifting my bare feet over the discarded heels, so pristine it was like they were never worn, they’re only purpose to slip off of Cinderella’s foot as Prince Charming chased her, pleading for her name.

Sunlight just barely fell into the room and descended onto the carpet through the gap between the sheer, purple curtains drawn against the window pane, flickering through the green needles of pine trees surrounding the property and most of the town, towering over rooftops of houses and small, cramped shops. It casted a thin light on the floor and over the comforter of the bed, climbing over the mountain of throw pillows, design woven in the black and aqua fabric and resting on the back of a girl’s head, black hair ruffled, much like mine, and lip gloss smeared across the sheets by her lips. It took me a moment of silently creeping into the room, heels an inch off of the grown and my toes pressed deep into the carpet, leaving unusual footprints, to realize that the sleeping girl, black hair cast over her features, was Kara. Her hand, three rings adorning her middle finger—one of a rose, one of snake, and the other a simple gray band in the center—laid limp over the edge of the mattress, thumb twitching occasionally, and she stirred. I took a step back into a wall, a whoosh of air collapsing from my lungs and out through my lips, and I gripped onto a poster of One Direction, curling my fingers around Niall’s face.

After smoothing out the creases in his face and blond hair, gelled upward and to the sky, and leaning somewhat closely to the back of Kara’s head, just to make sure that I hadn’t woken her up with the awkward noise that slipped from my mouth when I tripped, I turned my gaze onto the rest of the dark room, searching for the Wal-Mart bag that contained the proclaimed ugly tiger sweater and my jeans. I wasn’t sure what she had done with it after picking it up like it poisonous—perhaps she thought that if she touched it too much, this sense of fashion would suddenly spread to her—and tossing it aside, as Reese was leaning close, telling me to close my eyes before sweeping the powdery eye-shadow over my eyelids, warning me to stop moving my pupils.

“Looking for something?”

I whirled around at the sudden and astonishingly strident voice, ringing out like a gunshot by my ear and echoing off of the boy band arrayed walls. But the ball of my foot landed on the side of one of the heels left on the carpet, the material rumpling under my weight and turning over, leaving me to fall on my hip, overtop of the abandoned, sequined, black jacket. And, as loud as the voice was, my fall was piercing. Breaking the silence that followed the question and the floor vibrated beneath me—with my self-consciousness—and, seconds later, I heard a muffled call from downstairs.

“Amanda?” that muffled voice called, through the floor beneath me and above him and I heard the hiss of the shhhhh moments later. “Was that you?”