Run

Tsukasa POV:

I quickly locked the door and sighed. My relief quickly went away when I saw Saki.

I was probably doing something very, very bad and I was gonna get in a lot of trouble for it, but I didn't care.

"SAKI!" I rushed over to the bedside. I looked up at a monitor and saw her heart was barely beating.

At that point I completely ignored the hunger in my stomach, the pounding in my head, the ringing in my ear. I completely ignored the fact that I could barely stand, or even moving was a pain to do.

I could only stare at my dying sister, and cry.

I could almost hear my sister's voice, saying "You're such a crybaby, big bro. Wanna go shopping to lighten the mood? My treat!"

"Yeah, that would be nice.." I whispered to myself.

"Thank you."

I practically levitated backwards when I heard a knock on the door. I heard faint voices outside the door.

"The mentally Ill man's name I think was Tsukasa Tenma. If anything, maybe he came to visit his sister. It's just a hunch, though." One voice says.

"You're right. Dr. Yamamoto, didn't Tenma have an appointment with you, if I remember?" Questioned another familiar voice, the nurse.

"An appointment? No, I don't think I had anything scheduled today." Dr. Yamamoto responded. That's when I heard the door creak open.

I dashed behind the door and prayed that they didn't see me.

I held my breath as footsteps got louder, until I finally spotted 2 figures walk in. It must have been the nurse and Dr. Yamamoto.

I silently cursed to myself. I couldn't be here any longer. When they were both near the bed, I rushed back out from behind the door and ran to the front entrance.

I passed a little kid and heard him call out, "Mama, look! Look! It's a hospital escapee!"

The mother turned to look at me and said, "Wait, that's the man on the speaker they were talking about!"

"WRONG PERSON!" I called back, though it was only a feeble attempt to hide my identity. But...

There were lines of doctors and nurses right by the front door. I looked to my left and saw an Employees Only sign on a door.

Oh god. This is a terrible idea, but I gotta get out of here. Maybe they weren't wrong about me being mentally ill, but my memory is still catching up to me so I have no idea what happened.

I dashed into the door.

The next time I came out, I looked like a doctor. Clipboard in hand and a full white coat, I really hoped that no one recognized me.

I walked out the front door as casually as I could. A few people gave me glances, but I guess they decided that I was just a regular doctor.

As soon as I was out, I started running. I didn't have a car, so hopefully no one thought a running doctor in the middle of a road was strange.

Luckily, I knew my neighborhood well so I could figure out where my house was.

——like 30min later idk——-

Tired, I finally saw my house again around the corner. I had a sense of deja vu, walking the same path, but I ignored it.

—in room—-

I sighed as I closed my door shut. It took me a moment to realize what I had done.

I literally ran away from the hospital.

I sat on the floor and took the stolen coat off. Looking at the clipboard in hand, I saw a document that had....

My name on it.

"Tsukasa Tenma...." I started to quietly read aloud to myself.

"Overdose on...mor-fin? Fine?" I struggled to read the next word. I was dizzy, my sight blinking in and out.

I couldn't remember anything. Little bits and pieces were coming in, but the rest was totally blank.

Maybe if I rested my eyes a little.....

———-
I should start a count on how many times Tsukasa has passed out lol
The storys going bonkers now idk what I'm even doing but idrc
But the idea of Tsukasa being a hospital escapee is so-
Also the "levitated backwards" part is actually from personal experience from a jumpscare I saw like yesterday. I won't go into detail