024: She

Shylee Smith

"Elijah what are you up to?" I asked noticing he was being really quiet and looked like he was hiding something from me.

"Nothing. Question?" He asked now looking at me.

"What?" I said looking at him as we were laying in the bed together. I was laying on top of him with my head in his chest and his hands on my butt.

"Are you to stressed out and tried for me to take you out on a date?" He asked and I smiled.

"No when you taking me?" I asked.

Finally I needed something to get this shit off my mind and its our first date.

"Tonight. I wanna take you to a nice river lake where we can have a picnic and paint" He said .

He remembered I hated being surprised with shit.

"Aww I like that baby. Thank youuuuu" I said kissing him hella times everywhere on his face.

"No problem you know I love yo baby ass" He said making me mug him.

"I'm playin bae" He said smiling at me. I loved his smile.

"Well what time we goin?" I asked.

"At like 5 then we gon come back here when the sun set after we watch it together" He said making me smile. Hate how he make me fold quick.

"Ok baby I love th-wait I gotta go I'll be back at 3 I love you" I said quickly then rushing out and leaving to go to the hospital.

I came inside the hospital then pushed into Marie's room. Anger flew inside me when I saw DeAndre standing next to her.

" Hey Shy" Marie said smiling with no teeth showing.

"Hi Marie. Um why are you here?" I told DeAndre.

"I was just checking on her she still my girlfrie- was your girlfriend" I cut him off.

"What she is talkin bout?" DeAndre asked Marie.

"I'll talk to you about it later I need to talk to her" Marie said then he left. I closed the door then looked at her.

"Why was he here?" I asked sitting down next to her.

"He was just checking on me. He missed me and he got in a fight with his mom so he's staying with Dayvon for a while" She said.

"Mmm well did you tell him about what you've been doin?" I asked.

"Yeah he understood but he thought it was his fault. He said sorry for what he di- Oh he said sorry so this whole situation is over. Fuck that sorry he knew what the fuck he was doing when he pushed you down the stairs and when he was beating on you" I cut her off.

"It's not his fault" She said.

"Well who's fault is it Marie? Yours? Cause that's a fuckin lie you stayed with him because you wanted to help him that doesn't make it your fault. He better be glad I didn't shoot his dumb ass" I said a little loud.

"Don't kill him. It's already bad that Treyvon will hurt him when he comes back in two days but don't take his life. He wants to get better and he said he would leave his house. Mama Jacey said he can live with her til he gets better" Marie explained.

"Well glad for him I guess" I sighed and it was quite for a while.

"They said I could leave in three days or less since my concussion is getting better. But grandma wants to put me in the ward" Marie said breaking the quietness.

"That's good your doing better. When will she put you in there?" I asked.

"She said as soon as I leave the hospital" She said.