iii

Luke led Lola to a tiny shop with bright blue bricks. Outside there was a chalkboard that read "HOT COFFEE 4 COOL KIDS." Lola grinned as they ducked inside. A little bell chimed and a blue-haired boy looked up from behind the counter.

"Luke!" the guy yelled, and literally jumped over the counter to hug him.

Luke laughed, hugging Blue back. "Hey, Mikey. How's the store?"

"Oh, Luke, it's great, you wouldn't believe it. I'm getting so much fucking cash it's incredible and — who's that?" he asked, noticing Lola.

She stepped out from behind Luke, adjusting her dress. "Hi, I'm Lola," she said, smiling.

"Damn, Luke," Mikey said. "She's pretty hot. This your girl?"

Luke blushed, looking at Lola. "Oh, um, no, I'm helping her write a love letter. Not for me, for someone else," he explained. Michael rolled his eyes.

"Classic Luke," he said. "Actually, he's really charming though, Lola. Not as charming as me, of course, but you should at least consider dating him."

"We actually just met about an hour ago," Lola told him.

"Crazy how love works, isn't it?" Michael said, giving me a wide grin. "So. What do you two lovebirds want?"

"Two iced coffees," Luke said, rolling his eyes slightly at the lovebird comment. As if he'd ever be in love with anyone. "Just bring them to our table." He dropped five bucks on the counter and sat down at a mosaic table next to a huge Ramones poster.

"How'd you find this place?" Lola asked, admiring the decorations. "It's awesome."

"Mikey runs it," Luke said, gesturing to his friend. "We've been friends since we were little kids."

"Yeah, too long," Michael said, dropping off the coffees and ruffling Luke's carefully styled hair. "I'm going for lunch, so I'm closing the cafe. You can stay, though." With that, he walked out the door, yelling "Have fun, kids. Don't do anything I wouldn't do!"

Luke took a sip of his coffee and gave Lola one of his wide smiles, dropping her letter on the table between them. "So, let's get started."

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

yo yo yo

finally updated this because i've got all my exams done *insert sigh of happiness*

anyway hope you liked the chapter i promise real stuff will start soon

also! if you thought this coffee shop sounded cool, it is loosely based off one of my favorite coffee shops in nyc! the place is called fair folks and a goat and it's really quite cool so if you live in new york and like coffee check it out

xoxo lily