6:A Dance or A Waltz

The soft sound of the flute Taichiro played that his grandfather gave it to him , is flowing through Sayuri's ears and mind. Sakura petals dancing around by the wind and the flock of swans were behind them for protection and to guard them.

"What's on your mind, dear princess?" That one Swan spoke up, which Sayuri calls her 'Swan' and has been with her since childhood.

"Hmm.. "Sayuri thought deeply in mind but couldn't access it.

She wasn't aware when Kubo listened to the sound and came up to the direction Sayuri, Taichiro and the flock of swans were.

"Hi Sayuri! Hi Taichiro! What a lovely mu-"Before he can finish the statement, the swans blocked his way despite they saw him at the river unexpectedly.

"Uh.."Kubo took one step back, wondering why the swans were blocking him.

"Don't worry, he's our friend. He won't hurt us"Taichiro told them.

The swans wanted to believe the young  son of the divine samurai but were skeptical about Kubo.

"He's... our friend... please let him pass"Sayuri said. The swans exchanged glances to each other before stepping aside for Kubo to walk to Sayuri and Taichiro.

"Thank you ". Kubo bowed respectfully towards to the swans and made his way to Sayuri and Taichiro.

"Hi."That it's the only word he could utter.

"Hello....."Sayuri greeted him back with a small smile on her face.

"What are you doing here actually?" Taichiro asked him .

"Isn't it obvious? I was looking for Sayuri and you of course the whole time"Kubo chuckled. Actually he was looking for Sayuri only but didn't expect Taichiro to be with her.

Sayuri giggled softly before silence came in. "So .. um.. i brought some onigiri for all of us to eat".

"Thank you Kubo! We really appreciate it!"Taichiro smiled at him. Kubo handed the two an onigiri .

"It's so delicious!"Taichiro said with a bit his mouth full.

Sayuri stared at hers , Kubo noticed that.

"Big sister space out a lot  so that's why I step in to help her eat and lead her whenever we go out. "Taichiro explained to him.

Which it reminded Kubo of his mother that he used to take care of her after she hit her head caused her having a bit of memory loss while escaping from his grandfather's wrath.

"But good news! She began to eat on her own, changing her nightgown to her kimono on her own and spoke words too! She also began to help out in the house too! Isn't it amazing Kubo-niisan?"

"Yes.. but may i ask a question?"

"Sure! Ask away!"

"Where are your parents? You told me you have and live with your grandparents, aunt , uncle and cousins. But i have  never seen your parents with you..."

Taichiro's expression fell." I don't know where they are... my grandparents and auntie always seemed to dodge the question and always told me to play outside. I wanna know where they are but i don't want to bother them".

Kubo then gestures to Sayuri, expecting a answer from her.

"I... don't know who they are... i ... can't remember what they .... look like.... or.... who they are..." She answered while looking away.

Swan flew over to her and nuzzled against her to  comfort the swan princess.

Sayuri petted her as a thank you.

Kubo felt sorry for Sayuri and Taichiro .. and he felt stupid for asking that to them, whose parents are absent from their lives.

Taichiro noticed the mood is now very sour and bittersweet so he got a idea pop in his mind.

"Kubo-niisan! You never did a slow dance before do you ? "

"No?.. What's that? Can't say  i have. I never done that before." Kubo answered.

"Okay, here's how it goes! If you want to dance with a girl, you walk up to her and ask her to dance with you while extending your hand to her".

Kubo felt his cheeks burn but swallowed his lump down his throat , while he stood up and walked up to Sayuri.

He cleared his throat and extended his hand to her. 

"May i have this dance, m'lady?" He said in a smooth tone in his voice.

"Now wait if Sayuri accepts the offer".

Sayuri blinked her eyes before flashed a small smile and accepted Kubo's hand by placing her hand on his.

"Good! Once you ask her and she accept it. Take her hand while you put  the other one on her waist".

He blushed while doing as he was told, " L-like this..?" His heartbeat started to increase faster as his hand held hers while his other one held on her waist.

"That's right! Now, look at Sayuri and follow the steps along with the rhythm. One, two, three. One, two, three. One, two three." Taichiro said slowly, as he grabbed his flute watching Kubo and Sayuri moving foward and backward, left and right and sideways.

Soon, Kubo began to learn all the moves before he started to take the lead. Taichiro filled the soft music for them to keep up the rhythm. Their gazes met as her warm ones as his.

To be honest, Kubo hadn't felt this feeling so strong before, it was like he's attached to her as a magnet.

It's unknown for Sayuri but somewhere inside of her, it started to light up little as a little flame .

They kept on waltzing for hours till they stop and the swans cheered along with Taichiro who applauded for the two.

"Wow...!" Kubo pulled away as he spoke," You were pretty amazing Sayuri".

Sayuri smiled and bowed towards to him.

"Thank.. you.." .

Soon she and Taichiro deciced to visit the cave along with him and spend time with Kubo which led them to spend the night with him.

It was an amazing waltz for them. A swan princess who met the storyteller demigod who soon will grow closer to each other and become lovers someday.

It was indeed they were simply meant for each other.