Denial

Mount Justice

Computer: Initiate Combat Training. Three... Two... One.

Superboy and Aqualad circled each other. After that, they both rushed at each other and began fighting. Artemis and Megan were watching them.

Artemis: Kaldur's, uh, nice, don't you think? Handsome, commanding. You should totally ask him out.

Megan: He's like a big brother to me. But you know who would make the cutest couple? You and Wally. You're so full of passion, and he's so full of...

Artemis: It?

Megan: Well, what about Genji? You two seem to have some kind of connection with him.

They looked to see Genji Carter (a.k.a Snake Eyes) doing a perfectly balanced hand stand without a shirt on. Genji looks at Artemis and smiles at her.

Artemis: (blushes) Mmm.... That boy

Over the past few days when not using telepathy, The team began to learn sign language so they can understand and communicate with Snake Eyes. The girls turned back to the fight to see Superboy throw Aqualad to the ground and win the match.

Computer Voice: Failed Aqualad

Superboy: Black Canary taught me that.

A hatch above Superboy and Aqualad were sparring then opened up allowing Red Tornado to descend from it and lean next to them. Red Tornado then began to walk off until Kid Flash sped in front of him.

Wally: Do you have a mission for us?

Red Tornado: Mission assignments are The Batman's responsibility.

Wally: Yeah, well, The Batman's with The Robin doing the dynamic duo thing in Gotham. But you're headed somewhere, right? Hot date or mission.

Aqualad: If we can be of help.

Red Tornado then turn around and access the holo computer projecting an image of an old man with a cane.

Red Tornado: This is Kent Nelson, a friend. He is 106 years old.

Wally: (whispered) Guy doesn't look a day over 90.

Red Tornado: And he has been missing for 23 days. Kent was a charter member of the Justice Society the precursor to your mentors Justice League.

Aqualad: Of course. Nelson was Earth's sorcerer supreme. He was Doctor Fate.

Wally: (scoffs) More like Doctor Fake, Guy knows a little advanced science and "Dumbledores" it up to scare the bad guys and impress the babes.

Kent may simply be on one of his walkabouts. But he is caretaker to the helmet a fate the source of the doctor's mystic might. And it is unwise to leave such power unguarded.

Megan: He is like the great sorcerer priests and priestesses of Mars. I would be honored to help find him.

Wally: (shoots up his hand) Me too. So honored I can barely stand it. Magic rocks.

Artemis and Genji then look at each other questioningly.

Red Tornado: Take this. (holds up a golden key) It is the key to the tower of fate. Red Tornado then hands off the key to Aqualad.

Wally: (flirtatiously) What are the chances we both so admire the mystic arts?

Later the team is on the Bioship when Artemis tries to expose Wally for lying.

Artemis: So, Wally, when did you first realize your honest affinity for sorcery?

Wally: Well, I-I don't like to brag, but, uh before I became Kid Flash I seriously considered becoming a wizard myself.