Chapter 6: Royal Library (II).

Elizabeth's POV

The extent of my research continues. There were so many books to choose from. My heart was beating so fast with the excitement of information that it was certainly adrenaline-pumping to a bookworm like myself.

"Victoria, please get me books that are related to magic, culture, history, and the economy of this world. Since... I'm too short to reach for some books."

She beams at me taking interest in my education and smiles, "Why of course! I would gladly help your highness in my utmost care!"

And with that Victoria goes off silently browsing over books on a shelf at the very top while I try my best to contribute by checking the lower part of it and grabbing the books with anything that relates to what I'm looking for.

One by one I read the titles.

With my fingertips brushing the top leather covers of the books, feeling the dust and cobwebs of it just reminds me of the feeling of desire for knowledge.

These books looked old and dusty but they'll suffice for whatever I need to know.

After stacking about five thick books in my arms I carried them balancing my steps so as not to tumble over and I see Victoria easily carrying a dozen with no sweat, her biceps flexing under her maid uniform.

"This is all that I have found, your highness." (Victoria) presents me with the ones she's found and I nodded in acknowledgment that these will be sufficient for today.

I found an open space to read and sat down.

Sitting on chairs that I can't reach is a pain so the floor is fine. Surprisingly Victoria doesn't mind that I sit on the floor this time but she made sure there was a blanket underneath before she let me read.

She must've taken it out of her [Storage Ring] when I wasn't looking.

These were items that were invented for a wearer to store things inside a personal space made by magic, of course, it has its limits and it would drain the wearer's mana for consumption and use.

Once the wearer has run out of magical power, they will no longer be able to use it. "Your highness, please do mind your back." (Victoria) calls out to me pointing at my posture.

"Thank you, Victoria."

I grabbed the nearest book I could reach and then suddenly Victoria set the stack of books she was carrying before besides me.

Thump!

"!!!"

I heard the floor shake for a bit, not that it scared me for a bit...

Just that she's surely strong... and not just average strong.

Elite royal knights' level of strength.