5. mastermind*

5. mastermind

mastermind - taylor swift

His hands rubbed against the fabric of a sculpture getting a complete feel of it. Art littered all around us with bodies pushing past and a couple of them stopping and staring. He was on the complete opposite of the room as I stood on the left side with an empty drink in my hand. My eyes watched his every move as he did a dance greeting every person that stopped him. A suit fitted him rather too well and maybe it was the alcohol speaking but I could bet he looked even better without it on.

"More champagne miss?" A waitress blocks my view with a very tight ponytail on the top of her head as I quickly grab one and dismiss her. Staying locked in on him I feel someone grab my elbow but ignore them as he slowly inches over. The way he talked with his hands, how he kept the attention on him, and the way he genuinely seemed interested made him the true piece of art in this gallery.

The person holding my arm started to shake it as I nudge it out of their hold and turn my head to shoot a glare at them. Couldn't they tell I was busy? When I look back at the spot he was at last I come to find emptiness. Damn it.

"Alora? Will you listen to me?" I groan as I look at Camille and her fancy-looking new boy toy who seemed very uninterested in being here tonight. I couldn't blame him when I was the same until I got here and found the one person who I couldn't keep my mind off of. Quickly I spot him again as I tune out Camille and her useless facts about whatever piece she was interested in. 

Tipping the glass back in my mouth I see for a quick second his eyes look this way and quickly away. Odd. Brushing down my dress I spot another familiar face as I hand Camille the drink despite her protest and walk over to the girl with the biggest smile on her face.

"Miss Cathet! It's been a long time." A heavy French accent drenched her words as she pulled me in for a hug followed by two kisses on the cheek. "Are you going to be attending Fashion Week?"

"I plan to walk in it, yes." I nod with a smile toward her as I can't help but notice the guy locked in a conversation right beside us. "I was hoping to walk your show again."

"My show?!" She gasps and clasps her hands around mine bringing them close to her chest. "It would be an honor, Miss Cathet. The last one you did was incredibly beautiful."

"Amazing! I'll have my people contact yours. It was great to see you again, Ramona." She plants a kiss on my hand and let's go as I turn around to come face to face with a suit-cladded body.

With his hands shoved into his pants pocket and a sloppy grin on his lips he raises an eyebrow towards me. "Long time no see, Davidson." The words slip out as my eyes glisten staring into his.

"Glad you remember me even if it's for the smallest moment." The rumors were true, he could drive any woman crazy. He was in fact driving me crazy.

"How could I forget you?" I take note of the small laugh that comes out of him. "You're a giant covered in tattoos, it'd be hard to."

That grin of his was utterly intoxicating, it could be so easy to get addicted to it. A couple of people pass by greeting us individually and quickly departing leaving us once more to ourselves. A waitress passed by holding a plate of champagne flutes as I swipe two of them and handed one of them over to Pete. He mutters a thank you and takes a sip as I watch his lips hit the glass.

"So I'm assuming you were dragged here?" I ask as he hums before swallowing the liquid. 

He nods his head slightly as he drags his eyes over to some important-looking man, "My manager. Believes it'll help push up my image or some shit."