Chapter 50: Yes we are

Hollywood Babylon 2

Sam and Alexis walk up to Dean.

"Walter's a little testy for a PA, huh?" Dean asks.

"How's it going in here?" Sam questions.

"Why are you wearing a headset?" Alexis flicks the microphone causing Dean to shake his head. "You're really leaning into this new job, aren't you?"

"Yes, I am. Its going good. Tara's stepped up her performance." Dean nods. "Probably from all the sense memory she's drawing on."

"The sense memory, are you kidding me?" Alexis crosses her arms over her chest.

"Sense memory?"

"Yeah." Dean shrugs.

"We were talking about the case, moron. What's going on in the case?" Alexis rolls her eyes.

"I thought you hated being a PA." Sam adds.

"I don't know. Its not so bad. I kinda feel like part of the team." Dean smiles.

He's such a dork, Alexis thought. A small smile appearing on her face.

"Its good. Oh, taquito? They're wonderful." Dean offers.

"Hmm, why not?" Alexis grabs one.

"No, um, listen. I conned my way into the morgue, then snuck Alex in. "

"I love being a criminal." Alexis smiles.

"And?" Dean asks.

"News reports are right. Brad's a doornail, no question." Sam answers.

"Copy that. I'm sorry, what?" Dean asks.

"He wasn't even listening." Alexis scoffs.

"Copy that?" Sam questions.

"What'd you say?"

"News reports are right. Brad's a doornail."

"They're aware." Dean says.

"Who? Who's aware?" Alexis asks.

"Sorry what were you saying?"

"Uh, what--The newspapers are right. Brad's a doornail, no question about it." Sam repeats.

"Its a good thing we didn't skip town." Dean nods.

"I'm starting to think otherwise." Alexis mutters, pinching the bridge of her nose.

"Oh, come here. I want you to hear something." Dean turns around. "Copy that. On my way."

"I think I might kill him." Alexis mumbles.

~~~

"Hey, Dave, can you play them the thing you were playing me earlier?" Dean asks.

"Sure." Dave hands Sam and Alexis each a headset. It was normal for a second but then the audio crackled.

~~~