7

A knock at my bedroom door wakes me from a restless sleep

A knock at my bedroom door wakes me from a restless sleep. My room is covered in darkness. I must've slept for the rest of the day after learning of my new fate this morning. I hear another round of knocking as I finally start moving. A pit forms in my stomach when I see who's on the other side.

Kakashi.

"What do you want?" I ask, unintentional venom laces my tone of voice. Memories of our last encounter flash in my mind. I slightly flinch as I remember how cruel he was to me.

He sighs deeply, a bored look paints his face, "I have orders to escort you to Tora-Numa Forest."

"You're the Jonin escorting me?" I scoff in disbelief. Of course Kakashi would be the only other person to know my fate. "Tell Lord Hokage I'll just go alone," I spit out while closing the door on him. His foot stops the door from completely closing and he pushes his way into my room.

He crosses his arms impatiently, "I told you that I have orders. You should know better than anyone else that orders are orders. Hurry up and pack."

My jaw drops in shock. How could he be so cruel? I will never understand why he hurts me so much. I've only ever tried to be his friend and be there for him. Now, when I need a friend more than ever, his brutal personality is all I get for comfort.

I angrily begin packing while he sits on my bed. How do I even pack for the rest of my life? There's a strong possibility that I'll never come back again. My heart is heavy as I continue to fold different clothing items. I know I'll need a lot, but I can only take what I can carry. I look around my room and grab a small picture frame next to my bed.

It's a picture of me and Kakashi when we were kids. I was hugging him so tight with the biggest, toothiest grin ever. His eyebrows were raised in surprise and his mouth is open, making it look like he's yelling. I remember Sakumo and my parents laughing when they took this picture. Kakashi and I had been friends for a few years, and I loved hugging him. The truth was that I just wanted to be around him, but I was just a kid, so I didn't really understand it.

A tear falls on the frame, landing in the bottom corner of the picture. Before I can stop them, more tears flow. I can't help but feel heartbroken. My life is over. Tsuki Uchiha is done. A sob escapes my throat and catches Kakashi's attention.

"Are you okay?" he asks. I look at his face and, although he looks genuinely concerned, I can't allow myself to trust it. I don't know how much he knows, so I can't risk telling too much about my mission, but I really need someone. I need someone to be there for me, to tell me it's going to be okay.

I hesitate, but the entire story spills from me as more tears flow. I watch as Kakashi stands from my bed and closes the small distance between us. Wordlessly, he pulls me into a deep hug. I allow myself to sink into his chest, breathing in his smell. Sobs rack my body and I hold onto the back of his shirt as if my life depends on it. His hands gently rub my back, offering the comfort I desperately need.

"I know you hate me now, but I don't want to lose you," I choke out through my sobs. The front of his shirt is now soaked with my tears. I pull away from him and wipe my nose before continuing. "I don't want to lose any part of my life, but I have no choice. I don't get to be angry with you, fight with you, or cry over you again. I would rather have you in my life as an enemy than not at all, but it doesn't matter anymore. I don't get that choice."

I look into his eyes as they begin to fill with tears, too. I regret not telling him my feelings before this. Even if I told him that I've been in love with him for as long as I can remember, it wouldn't matter. If I wasn't so scared of ruining our friendship, who knows what would've been different.

"I can't do anything about it now," I say, trying to shrug off the sadness. I offer a half-hearted smile before turning to finish packing. I want to spend time with my parents before I have to leave.

Kakashi doesn't say anything as his arms fall to his sides. He sits on my bed again. He doesn't say anything and just watches me finish packing. I leave my room and go to my parents'. Both of them are awake, just sitting in bed. I can tell both of them have been crying.

When I walk towards them, we all burst into tears. I lie between them, as if I'm a toddler who just had a nightmare, except the nightmare is my reality. My parents hold me, one on either side, and I just let myself cry. No one says anything for a while, just crying, soft sniffles, and lots of hugging. The moon beams coming into the room shift further across the floor as time passes. After a while, Kakashi knocks gently on the door frame, signaling my time to go. I hug my parents once more, fresh tears forming in my eyes.

"I love you both so much. I'm so sorry this is happening," I cry softly.

My mom hugs me hard, "No, Tsuki. I'm sorry. I should've told you about Madara. This is all my fault."

My father doesn't say anything for a bit, just hugging us both. "My girls," he eventually says, sighing deeply into our group hug. He pulls away, placing a hand on my cheek. "You make me so proud. My greatest achievement is being your father," he says, tears falling down his face.

"I love you so much," I say again, sobbing louder than before.

Eventually, my mother and father pat my back, signaling me to go. I try to collect myself as I stand from their bed. I frantically wipe my face as the tears keep coming. There are so many things I want to say to them, but my time is up. I have to leave the village before morning and daybreak is coming.

"I promise I'll come home to see you both soon," I say. "I know I'll be back."

My mother and father smile softly. Their cheeks glisten in the moonlight, both fresh with tears. I watch their faces as I leave their room. I know I'll be back. This won't be the last time I see them; I'll make sure of it. I am Tsuki Uchiha, daughter of Kenji and Yuna Uchiha. I will make them proud and bring honor to the Uchiha name.

A/N: Okay lol, not me actually crying while writing this