special chapter (๑・̑◡・̑๑)

a little warning: this chapter contains a mature (kinda) scene 🤭

。。。

It wasn't easy for her to ghost him dahil naging importante na rin naman siya sa kanya, mali rin ang ginawa niyang pang-go-ghost but she just really couldn't say goodbye to him. Flare's fragile heart was afraid to get hurt again, hindi niya maintindihan kung bakit, pero takot siyang masaktan... kahit na wala pa naman siyang gusto sa lalaki. Or maybe, iyon ang akala niya.

She tried her best to keep him off her mind for few days, only to encounter him again at the convenience store. Pakiramdam niya ay pinaglalaruan siya ng tadhana dahil naroon din ang stalker niyang ex.

"Okay ka lang ba? I'm so worried because you're not reply to my messages," he asked as he checked her out from head to foot, mapaghanap ang mga mata niya.

He badly wanted to hug her because he missed her so much, but he was trying so hard to stop himself. Sa halip ay hinawakan nalang niya si Flare sa balikat habang diretso siyang nakatingin sa mga mata nito.

"O...Okay lang ako. N-nabusy lang nang sobra." Flare was shivering as she answered him. Mabuti na lamang ay mukhang hindi rin napansin ni Karl.

He sighed in relief after hearing her answer kahit na sa tingin niya ay may parte pa rin na iniiwasan siya ng babae.

He couldn't take his eyes off her after that. Pareho silang natahimik. Flare's silent dahil hindi niya inaasahan ang reaksyon nito.

Just because of that encounter, she was back in his life again. Dapat hindi na, dapat tatakas na ulit siya, but she learned something.

"Hindi kami nagkabalikan ni Sharmaine."

She was surprised after hearing him say that. Ano 'yon, share niya lang? Tsaka bakit hindi sila nagkabalikan? Flare was wondering.

But oddly, after hearing that, she felt like something changed within her. Pakiramdam niya ay may nabunot na tinik, and for her, it's a bad sign. But she seemed to have lost her control already too, after reading his chats during the days she ghosted him.

Her vulnerability also contributed. She needed someone who would save her from her drowning thoughts as her trauma visited her, and Karl was there... and then it happened.

you are my friend and i love you
and i want to be a part of you

She couldn't control herself anymore after she read that, her vulnerability and desires ate her.

Nang bumukas ang pinto ng unit ni Karl ay naroon kaagad ang lalaki sa tapat at naghihintay sa kanya. His face was etched with worry and when he saw her, ay agad siyang niyakap nito.

"Baby, are you okay?" He asked as he enveloped her body with his warmth.

Flare couldn't answer him. Sa totoo lang ay gustong-gusto na niyang umiyak dahil gulong-gulo na siya dahil sa mga naiisip niya, but suddenly, Karl's presence gave her hope and comfort that everything's gonna be alright.

"Can you tell me what's bothering you? Makikinig ako, pag-usapan natin 'yan. I will never leave you, nandito lang ako. You can share you burdens to me, makikihati ako." he uttered as he stared directly into her eyes.

Flare's eyes were misty at sobrang lakas nang kabog ng dibdib niya. Hindi niya alam kung paano nangyari, but for the first time after years, she feels at home... she felt solace despite the chaos that surrounds her.

Hindi na niya alam kung anong sumapi sa kanya. She held his nape and pulled him closer to her, then their lips touched.

Volts of electricity seemed to have travelled all over their bodies as they kissed. They both felt butterflies in their stomach. Their hearts constricted with that familiar yet very new feeling for them — love.