rave'n (w.a)

I picked out a cute white knee high slim dress for the rave'n. I can't wait to wear it tonight. I'm going with my best friend, Enid. We both didn't have a date so, why not go together? 

I spread the dress out on my bed, I look at it in awe. I love feeling pretty. It's more for me than it is for anyone else. I jump as I hear the dorm door swing open. My roommate, Wednesday started to make her way towards me. 

"What's the dress for." She said, always monotone. 

"The rave'n. Aren't you going?" I asked, like anyone would. I heard Xavier (🤢) was going to take her.

"Not anymore." She walked over to her desk, to write on her novel. Something about her, really just drives me mad. This would be the perfect time to ask her if she wants to go with me.

I heard a few knocks at the door. I went to go open it, thinking Ms. Thornhill would be at the other end. Instead, it was Tyler. He was wearing a white tux with a smile. 

"Oh Wennnn!" I called out her nickname.

"What." She replies from over at her desk. Not looking at the door. Tyler held a box in his hand, I didn't bother asking what was in it. 

"You've got company." I swing the door open a bit more for her to see. She gets up and her eyes widen at the sight of Tyler. This makes my heart sink. 

"Tyler,'' she says, in shock.

"Hello!" He deeply responds. I was frozen beside the door. Wednesday quickly shut it. I open it because I don't wanna leave the poor guy hanging.

"She'll be right out!" I add, then shutting the door again.

"Wednesday get a dress." 

"I'm not going." 

"Yes you are, he's a good kid, you're gonna go." Really, I just wanna see her there. Maybe I could still get a dance in with her.

"I do have a dress." 

"Ooh not the one you showed up in." She looked at me confused.

"I know white's not your thing," i gasp. "How 'bout that one that you saw at Uriahs Heap? That one was really pretty! I think you'll look really good in it!" I cringe at my comment. 

"I don't have time to go there right now. I'll just stay back, that was the plan to begin with." Thing knocks on the wooden desk. Then pointing to underneath Wednesdays bed. Wednesday crawled under and grabbed a black case that had two locks on it.

She opened the dusty case to reveal the black dress.

"Before you put that on, let me do your hair!" I seat her on my vanity. I undo her two braids and take a quick, unnoticeable look at her without them. She looked gorgeous. 

I finish braiding her hair. I shop her out onto the other side of the room so she can put on her dress, and so can I. I put mine on quickly and wait for her to say she's ready so I can see her in her dress. 

"You can look now." I turn around to see the pretty girl in the pretty dress. I slowly walk up to her. She turns around to show that she needs help with the zipper. I slowly put my two fingers against the zipper, my warm hand slightly touching her cold skin. She shivers at the touch. She turns around and looks up at me. 

"Thank you," she added, not making eye contact. Instead she looked at my dress.

"You look, really pretty." I told her.

"You look," she took a pause, unaware of how to put her words together. She still didn't look me in my eyes. "Really pretty, too." She looked at my eyes then and there. Butterflies filled my stomach.

I slowly lean into her, and she slowly leans into me. But as I was 2 inches away from her lips, Tyler knocked on the door. Snapping sense and reality back into us.

"You guys almost done?" He said through the door. I lean my head towards the door to signal that she should go. She gets up quickly, and leaves quickly. I follow behind the two. I wait at my dorm door for about another 15 seconds before I see Enid running down the hall.

Timeskip

Enid and I were dancing to an uplifting song a few moments ago. My eyes kept trailing every now and then to see Wednesday. She did her own dance at a point and everyone watched her. 

"I'm gonna go, I'll be right back." I tell Enid, she smiled at my response. I noticed she looked at Ajax, hopefully, he distracts her so I have some time alone.

I make my way to the women's lounge area. I sit on a yellowish gold couch and exhale. I feel the couch sink to my right.

"Whoever invented high heels clearly had a side hustle as a torturer." I heard the familiar voice of Wednesday say. I give a small chuckle at her comment. 

"Why are you here?" She asked me.

"I got bored, plus I'm pretty tired." I add.

"So I guess you're gonna pass on the offer of me asking you to dance then." She looked at me with a fake frown. I think that's the most emotion I've ever seen from her. 

"I guess I'm not thaaaaat tired..." I smile.

"Then what are you waiting for? Let's go." She reached her hand out to take me with her. I grab her hand and she leads me to the dance floor. A slow song played, I grabbed her hips and she put her hands around my neck.

I look towards Enid, who is smiling and dancing with Ajax. She gave me a thumbs up. I smiled back at her.

"Look at me," Wednesday told me.

"Not at the others. Just me." She stepped in closer. Our bodies touched against each other as we danced. I feel small droplets against my face. I notice red drops fall on Wednesdays. 

I look up and see the sprinklers diffusing red "blood". 

"Oh shit." I comment. Wednesday licks her "blood" soaked fingers. She scoffs, "they couldn't even spring for real pigs blood." 

I laugh. "So what are we gonna do?" I notice people fleeing and screaming.

"We can finish dancing to the song, or we can leave like the others." She yells over the loud screams and music.

I put my hands back on our hips and she grabs my neck again. I smile at her, and she gives a toothless smile back at me. I look around at the empty dance room that used to be filled with happy souls. It was just Wednesday and I. Slow dancing to the music.

"Hey, y/n." 

"What?" I responded.

"It's just us," she gave another toothless grin. I've never seen her smile like, ever.

"It is, isn't it." I smile as I lean in to connect our lips. I taste her and the taste of paint at the same time. I pull away with a smile.

"Come on, let's go back to our dorm." I said as the song ended. I grabbed my now red cardigan from my chair, and put it over Wednesday's shoulders as we walked out of the ballroom.

A/n

I love this one! It's been in my head for a while!

Songs to play during this chapter: Ultraviolence - Lana Del Rey