PROLOGUE

Sutara

Sutara

Have you ever felt like all your nightmares were coming alive? Like there is no escape, and you're well aware of that ? Like you had only two options in front of you to choose from. Immediate death by failing or very much possible, very slow, very painfull death?

What would you choose ? How do you even make a pros and con list for this ?

That, was exactly what was happening to Sutara Vaishnavi Rai.

She was stuck in a helpless situation. Only this time she didn't bring it upon herself like she usually does. Sutara being a girl of marrying age did.

The marriage wasn't exactly her problem. She could still go to her classical dance classes, her annual vacations around the globe, or even join the family business. Or you know, get herself into trouble somewhere somehow like I said before, she usually does.

It was the person she was marrying that was troubling the 22 year old.

Dude wasn't old or wrinkled ready to marry a girl his daughters age.

He wasn't stupid and threw around his  father's money.

He was young, handsome and probably one of the smartest person in the business. The young heir had expanded the Desai empire twice as large by the age of 27.

Sutara sat in the mantap making a pros and cons list.

Pros- She betrays her new husband and his family.

Cons- they would actually murder her if she did. 

Ah shit.

Sutara had watched her beloved father, who had always been the strongest person she had known break down right infront of her. Her father was her biggest support system, and she was his little princess, his biggest fan.

She blinked back tears as she looked at her father standing at her right. He looked  at her past the priest chanting Sanskrit mantras.

"Remember what I said" he mouthed and tapped his index finger at his temple thrice.

Sutara nodded in understanding and shut her eyes to remember the most heart breaking and gut whretching  conversation she ever had with her father and brother that morning.

"You look so beautiful my tara. I had never imagined I would see you as a blushing  bride anytime soon my dear. " Her father said from behind her.

Sutara looked at her  reflection in the mirror in front of her. Her long, dark, thick wavy hair had been pulled back  into a tight bun, without leaving out any strands infront of her face. The bun had been decorated with special Mangalore jasmines. A emerald necklace decorated her long, Slender neck with matching earrings.