44. Answers

Leah's Pov

"Sure, I was just leaving anyways. I hope it wasn't me you wanted to talk to." Hailey tells Blaze.

"Don't worry about it, I wanted to speak with Ms. Jones." He tells her.

Hailey gives him a look but he brushes it off.

She leaves the house and Blaze closes the door behind her.

He looks around at the house with his hands in his pocket before walking over to me.

Neither of us said a word but I watched his every movement, he walks over to the recliner and sits down.

His leg crossed over the other.

I twiddled with my fingers because I was nervous, I didn't know why my boss was in the house alone with me.

It wasn't until a couple of minutes later that the silence was finally broken.

"What did you do with my fiancé?" I asked him.

He chuckles and looks to the side.

"You still have the nerve to call that scumbag your fiancé?" He mutters under his breath.

I looked down into my lap, that's when my ring caught my eye.

I didn't realize that I was still wearing it.

I could feel the knots in my stomach start to form, I didn't know what else to say. But that's when I thought about those questions.

I really wanted to ask them but I was too nervous.

"Why?" He asks me, catching my attention.

I look up at him.

"Why what?" I asked him.

"Why did you get with him in the first place?" He asks me.

"I didn't know he would turn out this way." I answer his question.

"Why do you care anyways?" It was my turn to ask him a question.

"I keep asking myself that every time I think about you." He says to me.

It was time to ask a question that I have been dreading all night.

"What did you do to him?" I asked him.

"I haven't done anything yet." He tells me.

"Why not?" I ask him.

I would have at least thought he would hurt him by now, why did he wait?

"I wanted to wait to see what you wanted, after all he is your fiancé." He says to me.

Hearing him call David my fiancé stung, maybe it was the way he said it.

"Why do you care what I want?" I asked him.

I was asking him all these questions but they weren't really the ones I wanted to ask.

He looks at me and observes me, I didn't know what he was trying to find but he didn't answer me.

"You've got something else on your mind, what is it?" He asks me.

His voice was low and he was calm.

Maybe now was a good time to ask what I really wanted to ask.

Would he kill me in the comfort of my best friends home?

"Do you hurt innocent people?" I asked him cautiously.

He lifts his head and looks at me weird, the knots in my stomach kept getting bigger and bigger and my anxiety was getting higher.