part two.four

SEASON TWO: EPISODE FOUR 

*PROTECT*

"Combat won't be as easy as hitting a single target. The Blood Witches and the scrapers will attack together" says Silva, as he walks with Rosalind. Aurora was out of her dark bubble as soon as she saw him after the banquet. He was finally back, and so was Aurora's childish smile, every time she saw the man. The girl doesn't enjoy the new trainings, but with Silva by her side, she is calm and collected, most of the times. 

"Mind fairies can protect Specialists from Blood Witch magic. Aurora" she calls on the blonde girl, who sits with the other fairies. They had removed the Runic Limiters a day after the Alumni Banquet, and Aurora cried in happiness. "Now, that you have your magic back, let's start with you, shall we?" 

"I think you deserve a reward, for sticking up to me, even if it was against your own cousin" says the older woman, as she steps into Aurora's room. The girl knew about Rosalind's secret investigation, of course she did. The Queen made her swear into keeping it a secret, until the Headmistress herself told her otherwise. 

"I don't want any reward, for humiliating Stella in front of others" she whispers, only the day after the banquet. She tried to talk to Stella at the evening, but to no use. So, she sent Sky for the resque, knowing that he was the only person, who her cousin would trust enough with the gem. 

"Do you not even want your fancy bracelets removed?" asks Rosalind, and the girl immediately sits up on her bed. The woman walk over to her, with the Runic Disc in her hands. "You did a great job, Aurora. Your aunt is very proud of your loyalty, and I am too" she says, then with two quick motions, takes the torture devices from the girl's forearms. 

"Thank you, Headmistress" she says, tears clouding her eyesight. 

"I give you permission to let out your built up magic, but only at the Stone Circle, and only after dawn. The other students shouldn't see you burst out" she offers, then stands up and walks out of the room. Aurora is free. 

"Can I just watch? Mind magic is still a bit new for me" she tries to reason with the Headmistress, but her words only find deaf ears, so she stands up with a heavy sigh. 

"You're one of the strongest fairies in this school. Your magic is limited only by your will. Focus" says Rosalind, as she steps behind Sky, motioning towards him. Aurora looks at her friend, then her eyes turn into a deep shade of yellow. 

"Got him" she says confidently, sensing Sky's mind in hers. She feels his anger, his want for being perfect, his love for Bloom and Stella, two very different kinds of love. The girl pulls her mind together, only focusing on the shield she wants to build over his mind. 

"Protect him while I simulate an attack" says Rosalind, then her eyes become white. The boy grunts in pain, as the Headmistress attacks his mind, so Aurora tries even harder, than before. "I can feel you, little soldier. Push me away" encourages Rosalind the young girl. All the other people stop for a second, hearing the nickname the young princess has. Aurora tries to hold on, but she lets the older woman take over with a pained sigh. 

"Fuck, that hurt" says Sky, to which the blonde girl lowers her head sadly. The boy turns to her, pulling her into a hug. "I felt you try, you did great, Aurora"he says, pulling her into a hug. 

"Practise, Aurora. Who's next?" 

"The Grapevine. Very original" walks up to Stella's suitemates Aurora, just after she steps into the pub. At the sound of her voice, Riven leans away from Flora, but she has already saw them. The ex-couple share a look, and Riven looks down at the table immediately.