Doting Husband 2

Finally arriving at the Irevelis Mansion in the North. The mansion staff welcomed them in front and didn't overwhelm Pacita.

Pacita is sitting on a white Lion while Mito is holding the white Lion leash.

They both chat happily as if they are the only people around.

"Welcome Duke, Duchess."

The butler Sigrid steps forward.

Mito didn't pay attention to him. He raises his arms upward.

"Come here." He said.

Pacita slides down the white Lion back. Mito scoops her in his arms.

"Did you hurt yourself?" Mito asks.

"No. It's like sitting on a soft cushion. Thanks Darling."

Pacita smiles then he hugs Mito's arm facing the butler.

"Hello."

The butler blinks and then looks at Mito. Mito's smiling face changes to serious as he looks at the butler.

"Did you already send the notice to everyone?" Mito asks as they walk to the rows of servants.

"Yes, Duke. They'll arrive before afternoon."

"Your Duchess is tired from our journey, I expected you to already clean our bedroom."

Mito said coldly.

"Yes." The butler answered.

"Duchess, let the maid tell you about your room."

Pacita grips Mito's arm.

"Are you that busy? Bring me to my room."

"Are you feeling lonely?" Mito grins and rubs his thumb on her cheek.

"Hehe." Pacita smiles.

"Fine. Let's go." Mito walks to the stairs with Pacita. Their hands entwined.

Mito's face is soft, tender and friendly.

Pacita is beaming.

The butler looks at Kayus who just came back from putting the White Lion in a cage.

"What happened to his grace?" The butler asks.

"Got married." Kayus rolls his eyes.

"Treat her like you treat Mito.No.. Treat her better than you treat Mito or else you will never know where your head will fly."

The butler snorts.

"I know my job."

"Good." Kayus chats a bit more then he leaves to finish some work. Later this afternoon is the North's leaders meeting. They'll talk about how they will divide their responsibility in cleaning up the monsters. Of course most of the cleaning will be their job but Mito will just need to get compensation from the other people for the expenses.

Mito slowly puts Pacita's head on the pillow as their lips and tongue rub against each other.

Pacita's face is flushed red.

"My Grace~"

Mito takes off his clothes and makes love with his wife.

They fell asleep after one round.

Mito wakes up hearing the butler's knocking.

He looks at Pacita sleeping beside him.

He smiles and kisses her golden hair.

Then he dresses up to go to the meeting.

"Make sure you don't disturb her when she is sleeping. I'll eat dinner with her so notify me even if we are in the middle of the meeting."

Mito said.

The butler nods.

He watches as Mito walks away.

Sigrid looks at the close door where the Duchess are sleeping.

Sigrid is not that old from Mito.

His father is Simon. The butler in the Irevelis Territory.

Sigrid was there when Mito first got married. It was a very large event because the woman he married is also influential. But Mito never shows any happiness in his face. Even when they had a child. Even when that woman killed herself.

"My Lord finally experienced happiness huh.."

Sigrid is not a very emotional person. But he feels like crying thinking about Mito's past

"It's embarrassing. Mikaela is right. I'm getting older. I should plan to get married too."

He smiles.

Mito is tapping his fingers on the table as the North nobles keep bickering over who is responsible for where. Of Course the larger their responsibility, the larger compensation they should give. They are all talking at the same time,backstabbing everyone. Mito just looked at them and didn't join their conversation.

Pacita wakes up in a daze. She felt cold so she covered her body with the blanket. Her hand reaches out for Mito, her personal blanket but he isn't there.

"Is anyone there?" She called out.

"Duchess, are you awake? I'll call your maids." There are two guards guarding the door. Nobody is allowed to enter without the Duke or Duchess permission.

"Yeah." Pacita said feeling weirdly.

She is also cherished in the Irevelis territory. She feels funny hearing guards instead of maids when she wakes up. Mito did tell her that North is more dangerous than Irevelis territory so she did expect to be restricted a lot.

The maids came and helped her dress up.

She is wearing a furry coat that she can only look at when she is a dancer. She always wants to wear something so fancy but can only buy sub far materials.

"Duchess, Lady Mikaela wants to meet you."

"Hm? Who is she?" Pacita doesn't know anyone in the North, she can't believe she has to meet someone just after waking up.

"Lady Mikaela is Duke's cousin. She is also engaged with the head butler, Sigrid."

The maid said.

Pacita stares at the maid for a long time.

"That... is there something wrong Duchess?"

Pacita hears the three maids introducing their names to her but she is still sleepy so she already forgot their names.

She wonders if they'll get mad if she asks their name again.

A/N:

Ayooo thanks for reading♡