chapter-9

"I don't know what to do with him; like, I couldn't make a nice breakfast, and he slapped the fuck out of me." "Men are so emotional!" Sarah took a sip of coffee in rage, not even realising the coffee was boiling hot and burning her tongue.

"And you let him do that, girl?" "The more you're going to act scared, the more he'll try to be dominant." Shelly took out her phone from her purse and placed it in front of her.

"This is my old phone; keep it with you; if something happens, reach out to me."

Sarah peeked at her watch and opened her eyes. She put on her heels again, ready to leave.

"whats wrong? "Where are you going? We just met 10 minutes ago." Sarah grabbed her phone and the old phone that Shelly gave her.

"Lunch break is over. "I have to go," she hugged and gave a quick peck on her head and vanished.

She entered the building; everyone's eyes were on her. She is getting too much attention on her first day of work, which could be overwhelming and nerve-wracking for anyone in her position. However, she tried to maintain her composure. "Day of work, she thought to herself. She went straight to the lift, trying hard not to make eye contact with anyone, especially men. She bit her lips and shut her eyes. The moment she entered the lift, she released the breath she had been holding.

The lift went to the topmost floor of the building. Sarah was nervous, and she was thinking about how she made her first impression on her colleagues, how she was going to manage, and what her job actually entailed. She started cracking her fingers, and her hands got all sweaty.

The door automatically opened when the lift arrived at the top floor; her heart stopped; she forgot to breathe; her eyes widened; and there he was, standing right in front of her, arms crossed and brow furrowed. He had a grumpy face all the time, and she couldn't figure out what mood he was in. He stared at her for a few seconds, checking his watch on his wrist.

"You are late," he said, in an angry tone, his jaw clenching. Looking at him, Sarah got goosebumps.

"I'm sorry, sir, this will not happen again," she said as politely as she could be, but inside she hates him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sarah's pov,

The lift opens the door, and the first face I see is his. Since the day of our marriage, I haven't seen his less grumpy face, but this time he looks angry.

He is standing there with his arms crossed and a frown on his face. Couldn't he be less intimidating? makes me want to wonder if I really married a mafia straight out of a book; I was super obsessed with them when I was a teenager. but when reality hits hard, I realise how dangerous they are and the power they hold over someone's life.

He stared at me with those piercing eyes. He stepped forward, towards me. My legs didn't go back this time; I broke eye contact, and my eyes were on the floor. He kept coming closer; I saw his shoes. He is standing too close to me.

"You are late," he said, breaking the silence. I lifted my head up until I could see his face, and I stared right into those piercing eyes, as cold as ice. I could feel a shiver go down my spine. but I know what I have to do. Don't be afraid of him. I know he can sense my fear.

"I'm sorry this won't happen again," I said, trying hard to be as professional as I could. I stepped aside to make my way to the office, but he blocked my way.

"I'm not done with you yet? Where are you going?" he said in anger,

"going back to work"

"You know... that was very disrespectful of you." He said, I could feel a sense of fear. I ogled him as he got close. My breast was pressed against his body. I tried to get away with that, but he grabbed my hand and pressed it against my back, pulling me close to him.

I was horrified. I looked into his eyes again. His ocean-blue eyes and beautiful long eyelashes had me drowning in them until I felt a sharp pain in my hands. It jerked me out of my lustful thoughts, and I felt naked when I saw him frowning. In a mixture of shame, fear, and lust due to his closeness, I tried with my other hand to push him away, but of course, it did not work. His bulky chest felt like I was pushing a rock-no, a wholeass mountain.

"When I said sit, you sit; when I said stand, do what I said. I own you; it would take your whole life to pay me back, so be grateful to me. obey me. Do you understand?"

hi guys! its been a while. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. so pls vote for me and I would be glad if you recommend this story to your friends.