𝑷𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆

She's zoning out again.

The Great Gatsby is on her lap, yet she can't seem to intake or even focus on the words. It used to be a rare occurrence for her, to zone out like this, but now she feels as if it happens around every hour now.

Vanny's birthday is today, she knows, but she isn't allowed to send her a letter, courtesy of her uncle.

Vanny probably thinks she's horrible, she assumes. Even though she knows Vanny would understand if she knew. She and Tori both likely think she's either mad, dead, or locked away in Azkaban. She never would've given them the cold shoulder otherwise.

She wouldn't have. She didn't want to.

But her uncle already had plans to lock her away and throw away the key as soon as the Hogwarts Express appeared in the station at the end of last school year.

Probably even before then. Truthfully, he had already likely concocted a plan as soon as Harry Potter had teleported back from that maze and said, "He's back."

A disaster that night had been. The night Voldemort had returned and murdered a seventeen year old boy, a Hufflepuff: Cedric Diggory.

The ministry said that Harry Potter had just gone crazy, but her uncle believed him, as he always did. He was labeled a power-hungry danger as a result.

But Amaryllis knew that Albus Dumbledore always had a bigger part to play than he let on. He wouldn't miss the opportunity to get a head advantage on his former student turned evil dictator, whether the Ministry of Magic was with or against him.

And by Merlin, they were against him.

Countless articles came flooding in, calling her uncle a crazed old man and Harry Potter a poor delusional orphan boy.

Oh, how she yearned to jinx the writers of those articles. To break the Ministry's laws regarding underage sorcery and attack the people dragging her family name through the mud using some "undisclosed source."

But she couldn't. She was trapped in a small bedroom in Number Twelve Grimmauld Place, headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix, present but forbidden from being made aware of what was happening in the world.

Another order from her dear uncle, she's sure. While none of the Order of the Phoenix's members had confirmed anything - not that they talked to her much anyway- she was sure her uncle had pulled the strings he's oh so used to pulling; grabbing and moving and weaving them as though he were a puppeteer.

And she was the marionette.

✧༝┉┉┉┉┉˚*❋ ❋ ❋*˚┉┉┉┉┉༝✧

a/n:

Just a quick intro to our main character and the premise! I'm really excited for this story! Also, I would like to say that this story will have major dark themes. So if that's not what you're looking for right now, please don't push yourself to read it.