009: locked in

The band took a break before truly starting their next album. Money was rolling in, they had finally made it. Karen bought a place and Graham basically moved in, and Billy was with his girls. Warren was with a mystery girl he kept hidden, and Daisy..well Daisy was being Daisy. As for Aracely and Eddie, they bought their own place together. Though the two haven't been together for that long, Aracely knew in her heart he was the one for her.

ARACELY: We bought this small house, it resembled my childhood home back in Mexico. That's the main reason I fell in love with the house, it brought back good memories.

EDDIE: The house was amazing, everything was amazing. Life was going exactly how I wanted it to.

WARREN: I was starting to live large from the money coming in. I'd bought my boat. I had a one-bedroom Gibson that I docked in Marina del Rey. Lots of cool chicks hanging out around there. However none of those other chicks mattered, the only thing that mattered was my lady. Man was she something.

MARISSA: I met Warren through my sister, not only did she help my acting career..but she played matchmaker as well. Warren and I hit it off instantly. He had this charm to him, he wasn't like any of the other men I dated.

WARREN: I mean Marissa was definitely something. She was feisty and had this attitude, but damn did I love her.

ARACELY: I one hundred percent set the two of them up together. Warren was one of my best friend, and my sister had just gotten out of a bad relationship. I just knew they'd hit it off. Clearly I was right.

EDDIE: Mara and Aracely's sister, Marissa moved in with us once we got the house. Warren also moved in, unofficially. He just showed up and picked a room.

Graham called a meeting that way everyone can come together, discussing their upcoming album. Vacation was over, it was time for them to get back to work.

DAISY: We all met up at the Rainbow—the band, me, Rod, Teddy—and everybody was catching up. Warren was talking about his boat and Aracely talked about Mara and Billy was showing Rod pictures of his twins. Everyone was really getting along. I mean, even Eddie and Billy seemed like they were doing all right. And Rod got up and he had his beer in his hand and he gave a toast about me joining the band.

ROD: I think I said, "The seven of you are only headed higher and higher," or something like that.

BILLY: I thought, Boy, seven people in a band sounds like a lot.

ARACELY: In that moment, we were all a big family—a big happy family. Unfortunately no one is happy forever.

EDDIE: Teddy suggested that Billy and Daisy write the album together, a mix of Billy's work and Daisy's. It hurt Aracely, a lot. She's been with this band since the beginning, and never once did Teddy give her a chance.

BILLY: I just never thought Aracely could write a good rock n roll song.

ARACELY: He said my work was trash, then steals my fucking songs. What a low blow.

In August 1977, the seven members of the band entered Wally Heider's Studio 3 to begin the process of recording their third album.

Daisy and Billy eventually compromised all the songs for the album; two being Aracely's that he claimed as his own work. The following day the band was in the studio recording. Teddy loved each and every song, especially Aracely's. Unfortunately Aracely never got her credit.
It took a week at most for the band to finish the album, the last part was the name. Billy decided to name it 'Aurora'.