Y2 Vol4: The Accelerator Vs The Masterpiece

(Ayanokoji Kiyotaka's POV)

Pain and suffering are always inevitable for a large intelligence and a deep heart. The really great men must have great sadness on earth.

Without our misery we would never be able to tell the difference between what it means to be happy or pleased.

I gave away alot of things just to be happy, i discarded of my own strength, my desire and will to achieve victory, all for the sake of being just one percent of the human being Hina and Ayaka Tateyama dreamed of.

Do i regret it?...sometimes.

Do i hate what i experienced?...no, not one bit. I'd do it all over again if i could, that is simply what that life had meant to me.

But at times, you have to throw away all this happiness and memories for the sake of those you cared about, such a foolish and childish ideal. That is something undeniable, it is vastly different from what we were taught in the whiteroom and that is what makes me cling to it, not because i dislike what i was taught in the whiteroom but it is i wish to learn the full extent of what 'Hope' is before i decide if i am going to choose despair over it...

I glanced around a little as i stood calmly in the forest, considering what Kouenji has been doing for us, i believe we'll be winning the exam easily, although i am curious about why Nagumo disappeared off the man all of a sudden...

I stopped momentarily as i heard to sounds echo at the same time.

The first was a far away bang and the other was close by and sounded like someone's running towards me.

He's finally here...Ippo Tsuko.

I kept my eyes on the source of the sound and two people appeared, the first was a young man with pure white hair and red eyes, his body looked slim and lean and he head a grin on his face.

Beside him was Misaka Mikoto who was without her cast...it seems my small theory about them being like me is finally getting revealed.

"We finally meet, nice to meet you..." i said as i put my hand in my pocket as i observed them.

"Yeah, took ya long enough to finally prepare yourself eh?...Ayanokoji"

"Heyo Buttercup-senpai!" Misaka greeted me with a smug look on her face as she raised her hand and i nodded at her.

"In honor of our meeting...do you mind telling me who you really are?...both of you"

Ippo cackled slightly before sighing as he cracked his finger.

"The name's Accelerator, we're from a place very similar yet very different from your home" he said as he stared me in the eye.

Accelerator huh...curious name, could it be some sort of title?...

"Very similar to the whiteroom you say...in what way?, were you raised there to grow up and become a product of advertisement or to twist the hands of politicians?..."

Accelerator scoffed at my words.

"Politics and powerbattles bore me, what need do i have to strive to rule over the world with lies when i am the strongest. Have you ever asked yourself that same question before, Ayanokoji?"

I have...but my desire to not be put through the spotlight and being an icon of attention like my father desired always answered it, i too dislike politics and powerbattles when they come at undesirable times.

"I did, it is precisely the reason why i choose to live a normal life here"

Misaka stepped back and leaned by the tree as Accelerator glared at me.