Story School Episode 2: Immediate, Engaging, Commercial

Hey Wattpad Creators!

We all dream of writing that one story that just blows everyone away, right? But what does it take to make your story stand out from the crowd?

Well, don't worry—Leah, Content Expert at Wattpad HQ, is here to share what makes a story appeal to readers in Episode 2 of Story School, "Immediate, Engaging, Commercial". This episode is packed with juicy insights on what makes a story truly successful, no matter what genre you're writing in.

Leah reveals the three key components that every great story needs: Immediate, Engaging, and Commercial. Intrigued yet? Immediate means hooking your readers right from the first chapter, so they have a reason to invest emotionally in your story. Think relatable characters and strong motivations that tie the plot together.

But that's not all. To really make your story shine, you need to make it engaging. Cliffhangers are your new best friend—they keep readers on the edge of their seats, eager to know what happens next. Be sure to embrace the tropes and expectations of your genre, while also putting your own unique spin on things. And don't forget about multiple story arcs and character development— these are key ingredients to keep your readers invested in the long haul.

Finally, to make your story truly commercial, you need to appeal to your audience. That means writing with genuine, relatable emotions that tug at your readers' heartstrings. And don't be afraid to lean into those genre conventions - readers are looking for a certain type of story, so give it to them (while still keeping it fresh and exciting, of course!).

At the end of the day, storytelling is all about forging an emotional connection with your readers. If you can hook them in with a compelling plot and characters they can't help but root for, you're well on your way to writing a hit story.

So what are you waiting for? Head over to Episode 2 of Story School and get ready to take your writing to the next level. And if you missed Episode 1, "Writer's block and how to get over it", don't worry—you can catch it right here.

Happy writing, Wattpadders!