fifteen

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

chapter fifteen
adore you

*:・゚*:・゚

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

*:・゚*:・゚

When Neteyam wakes the next morning he is alone. The boy shooting upwards when he realises the warmth the fell asleep with is no where to be found. Scanning his surrounds, he notices that the village has barely awoken. The sun just past its rise.

Neteyam gets to his feet as he still looks around for the girl who plague his thoughts. The walk back to his families marui is uneventful. And being so far deep into his mind, the boy doesn't see Ama'ia swimming in the water, the girl quickly ducking behind some rocks when she notices him walk past.

Tsireya looks confused as she watches her friend try to hide, "Ama'ia? Are you alright?" Her eyes shift to the beach and a small "ohhh" leaves her mouth as the reef girl makes the connection. When the boy walks out of sight, Tsireya calls out to the forest girl, "You can come out of hiding now, the boy is gone."

Ama'ia jumps in fright at her friend's voice, instantly spinning around to face the girl while denying the fact that she was hiding, specifically from a certain boy. "What? No, No, I wasn't- um. I was just admiring this," the girl tries to subtlety look around for an object, "shell! I was admiring how pretty this shell was."

Tsireya hums in response, her lips pulling back into a teasing smile, obviously not believing the girl.

"Can you braid my hair?" Ama'ia knows she had successfully changed the subject when she hears Tsireya let out a small squeal, the girl grabbing on to her wrist and pulling her back to the land.

The two girls sit and talk for well over an hour, never stopping and letting the silence take over. Ama'ia sits in front of the younger girl, the pair laughing while telling stories. "He really did that?"

"Lo'ak is probably the most reckless person I know, I'm surprised that he hasn't gotten himself killed." Ama'ia giggles as she finishes her sentence. She speaks the truth when she says she is surprised the youngest Sully son hasn't severely injured himself or anyone around him because of his wanting to go against his father's orders.

Tsireya's hands pause, "Can I ask you something?"

"Of course, anything!"

Clearing her throat, Tsireya finishes the last braid before grabbing her friend by the shoulders and turning her around so they could now face each other. "What is going on between you and Neteyam?" Continuing on before any sound can fall from Ama'ia's mouth, "and don't lie and say nothing! There's obviously something there."

Ama'ia opens and closes her mouth while trying to think of something to say. Finally settling on, "We may of kissed last night." Although it coming out in a mere mumble, Tsireya manages to understand, "Oh my! That's great, isn't it?" The excitement starts to wear off when she takes note of the two not sharing the same emotions, confusion taking over.

Head falling into her hands, Ama'ia takes a deep breath. "I, I'm not sure? I don't know what it is." She flops onto her back as she rests her arm over her eyes.

"Well, do you like him?"

A sharp intake of breath is heard from the girl as she thinks over the question. Does she? All the signs point to yes, though this is all new territory for the girl. "I'm not too sure, maybe?"

"How does he make you feel?"

Sitting back up to face her friend, "Weird? I get this funny feeling in my stomach though I used to think it was me being so disgusted with him that it made me feel sick. But it never got any better, if anything, it got worst."

Tsireya hums in response, "He likes you."

"He does?" Ama'ia leans froward to grab the girl's hand. When she nods in response, Ama'ia looks down with a small smile on her face. "I think I like him."

The two friend's are interrupted when Tuk comes running past, "there you are! You have to come, both of you! Lo'ak is gonna tell us what happened while out on the reef!" Tuk grabs ahold of both girl's hands, pulling them to their feet before tugging them behind her as she races back to the small group of teenagers that has formed.

*:・゚✧

"I wish I had been there," Kiri motions towards Lo'ak, "the ocean has blessed you with a gift brother!" The Sully children sit in a circle with three of the reef teenagers. Lo'ak had just finished explaining his experience out on the reef.

"The tulkun have not returned yet and no tulkun is alone." Ao'nung gestures out to the reef, to show the lack of the animals.

Ama'ia looks past Lo'ak to where Neteyam is crouched down, the girl had been avoiding his eyes since arriving. An awkward atmosphere had surrounded the group but only Ama'ia and Neteyam seemed to notice. The boy has a million questions he wanted to ask the girl but it seemed he wouldn't get a chance as she was never alone.

"This one was. He had a missing fin, on his left side!" Lo'ak gestures to his left.

Tsireya's face drops a little as she looks to her brother, "Payakan."

A look of confusion runs through all the forest children, Roxto deciding to clarify for them, "A young bull who went rouge. He is outcast, alone. And he has a missing fin!" He takes a deep breath before continuing on, "They say he is a killer."

Lo'ak shakes his head, "No."

"He killed na'vi and other tulkun. Not here but far to the south." Ao'nung points out to the sea, in the direction of south.

Tsireya leans over to place her hand on Lo'ak's arm, "Lo'ak, you are lucky to be alive."

Looking into the young girl's eyes, Lo'ak continues to shake his head. "No, he's no killer." His gaze looks to all of the teenagers surrounding him before resting back on Tsireya, "I'm telling you guys, he saved my life. He is my friend!"

Neteyam stands and grabs ahold of Lo'ak's shoulders, "My baby bro! the mighty warrior who faced a killer tulkun and lived to tell about it!" A smile takes over his face while he talks, feeling proud of what his brother had achieved.

Lo'ak jumps to his feet, "You guys aren't listening." He turns and walks off.

Tuk yells out to the boy though he doesn't turn around, "I'm listening!"

Ama'ia stands and starts after the boy. Actively trying to avoid Neteyam as she passes by the older Sully. "Lo'ak! Wait up!"

The girl's calls aren't successful as she watches her best friend dive into the water. She sighs as she watches him disappear and decides to dive after him.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Welcome back to another chapter of Adore You!

Super sorry that this chapter took forever to come out! Life has just been extremely busy for me and honestly haven't had time to sit down and write.

I quit my job today but it's okay because i accepted a job offer from another company and start next week! Super exciting but it will be full on as it's more hours.

Here's a picture of the kitten I adopted last week!

Have a great day!

Much Love,
Kova Ryder <3